Afraid (Goldred)

Requested by: devilgirl2006

Type: Angst song-fic (Afraid by The Neighborhood)

AU: Fred and Freddy are twin brothers in this

Pairing: Goldred (Golden x Fred)

Third Person's POV:

Make that money, fake that bunny, ache my tummy~

Fred tiredly slammed the door of the music room closed. He was gonna fucking do it this time...... He was sick of being alive. No one liked him, no one truly cared for him. Everything was about Freddy. He was the angel of the two of them, he was the optimist, he was.......not a failure. He had true friends, Fred only had those so-called friends of his who acted tough all the time. But he knew they didn't truly like him. But Fred couldn't really blame them for that.

On the fence, all the time~

Fred wasn't exactly the most sincere person. He was more of a loner, and when he did talk with people, he sounded like he wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible. But he had just stopped believing in humanity. His 'friends' always lied to him about thinking he was cool. They gossiped about him behind his back, and they never shared anything with him. He was just another asshole to them. There was only one person who gave him the slightest bit of hope.

Paint young honey, face so sunny, ain't that funny~

Golden was his name. When he first met him, Fred just thought he was another snobby rich kid. But when he started hanging out with him more, he saw a broken boy with a smile that could light up one's world. Golden had a shitty home life, and it made Fred once again realize he was an ungrateful brat. Killing himself because he was lonely and surrounded by fake people, how selfish was that?

All my friends always lie to me~ I know they're thinking........

But if he just did it, everyone would be freed from his shitty existence. Everyone's life's would be better, but Fred couldn't help thinking about what would happen if he really was gone. Would Golden be sad about it? If he tried to kill himself right in front of him, would he try to stop it. ........probably not. No one cared about trash like him. The few people he's been in love with all those months ago sure showed him that.

"You're too mean, I don't like you......." Fuck you, anyways.

If he were gone, he'd just get replaced. In the end, everyone replaces him. Because that's how much he's worth. You can use Fred for a while, and then throw him away like an old rag doll. Fred looked into the hallway one more time to see if anyone was heading towards the room he was in, and when he saw no one, he locked the door. He took the cable from the microphone that laid down on a chair, and looked around for something on the ceiling to tie it around it. He went to stand on a chair and calmly wrapped the cable around the thing a couple of times.

"You make me wanna scream, at the top of my lungs."

Fred's hands started shaking as he wrapped the loose end of the cable around his neck. He was afraid of dying....... Before he'd always told himself that it would be quick and for the best, but actually doing it made him feel terrified. As he was about to jump of the chair, a voice made him freeze.

"NO!" A scared scream reached his ears from outside the window.

It hurts but I won't fight you~  You suck anyways........

In a flash, the window was smashed open and a body fell to the floor. It wasn't Fred's, but Golden's. He had literally jumped through the window. A few cuts stained his arms due to the broken glass, but besides that Golden was unharmed. Fred felt weirdly relieved at that.

"What are you doing, Fred.....? You've got so much to live for!" Golden desperately cried out, getting closer to him.

Fred went to stand at the edge of his chair, warning Golden to stay back.

You make me wanna die, right when I.......

"I'm better off dead, Golden. Just face it....." Fred said with a blank expression.

The idea of Golden at least being with him when he died made Fred more comfortable about committing suicide.

"But think about the people who need you!" Golden held on, tears already staining his cheeks.

"No one needs me." Fred simply replied as he stared with his hollow black eyes into Golden's.

When I wake up, I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place~

"I need you......." Golden whispered, looking down at the ground.

Fred's eyes widened.

"You......you what?"

"I love you, Fred...... You're the only person who's kept me from trying to do the same thing so long ago! You deserve to fucking live your life with genuine people who care about you!" Hearing Golden swear made Fred's breathing hitch.

When I wake up I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place~

Before he could even react to Golden's confession, the blonde ran forward and lifted Fred's legs, making it impossible for him to jump. He tightly held onto them, burying his face in Fred's jeans. Fred didn't move away as Golden slowly started to unwrap the cable around his neck.

When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might end up being me~

Golden shakily helped him get off the chair, and it was safe to say that he was more relieved than anything. As Fred looked into those beautiful grey eyes he's longed to look at for so long now, he just hoped the light in them would manage to keep him sane this time. But as Golden gently placed his lips on Fred's, he knew that this time would be different.