Scared (Freg)

Requested by: XxWillow8897xX

Type: Angst

AU: Meg's shadow is a thing in this AU, and it's out of control XD

Pairing: Freg (Freddy x Meg)

Also, I couldn't find a picture of them so have a Meg pic instead XD

Third Person's POV:

Meg can't remember the last time she's felt this scared. Oh wait, she does. It was when her house was caught on fire, and her parents were still inside. She luckily managed to survive, but her brother was nowhere to be found. She still had an ugly scar from the accident, which she hid by covering it with her hair. Freddy however, thought that she looked beautiful nonetheless. And he was one of the reasons she started trusting other people more. He trusted her with his secret as well. A shadow named Fred was haunting him. Meg was rather skeptical about it at first, but when Freddy actually managed to switch to his shadow, she was more than surprised. She heard from shadows before. They come and haunt you after something traumatic happens in your life. Meg was shocked she didn't have a shadow, since that accident from her childhood really did have an impact on her. But she also read somewhere that  shadows can come into your life way later. Unfortunately for her, Meg's shadow came to haunt her at a very inconvenient time. And that's why she was currently leaning over a probably very dead body with blood on her hands. What happened, you may ask? Well........

-Flashback-

Meg and Freddy were holding hands as they walked down the street together. Freddy was excitedly chatting about a new Pokémon game while Meg just listened to him. She liked listening to his voice. It was calming, even when he was yelling. They reached the park and went inside. It was a warm summer evening, and the crickets were very loud. Freddy had planned on having Meg over after their date, with permission from his mom of course. It would be awesome! They'd eat pizza, watch some shitty romance comedies together and cuddle! The perfect night for him. And if Fred would behave, he could let him do some stuff too! Freddy noticed a smoothie stand somewhere and his eyes lit up.

"Hey, how about I get us some smoothies?" Meg smiled and nodded at him.

She'd been awfully quiet today, but Freddy was already used to it. She usually preferred to listen to him talk rather than say something herself. Freddy jogged over to the stand, slightly out of Meg's eye sight. Meg went to sit on a bench, stuffing her hands in her pockets. The same smile still played on her lips. For a second, she closed her eyes, but when she opened them up again, she was met with a stranger's face. The boy in front of her had black hair and dark grey, almost black eyes. Meg didn't recognize him at all, so he probably wasn't from her school.

"What?" She raised an eyebrow at the boy, slightly freaked out by his smirk.

"You're Freddy's girlfriend, huh?" The boy mockingly asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" Meg crossed her arms and glared at him.

How did he know? Was he a rival of Freddy or something? The boy suddenly laughed out loud. And as soon as she heard that laugh, Meg remembered something. Freddy had told her one time about this really awful person he met in his first year of high school. A sociopath, that's what he referred to him as. The boy had gone around telling everyone at the school about Freddy's shadow. Freddy had made the mistake of trusting him, and he was called a freak by all of the students. Even the teachers appeared to have a distaste for him after hearing about it. Eventually, Fred had punched the boy hard, and he got transferred to another school. The pain in Freddy's eyes she saw when he told the story was enough for Meg to have the urge to kick the boy to the ground. His black, almost hollow eyes stared straight into her yellow ones.

"I guess you freaks really do deserve each other." His gaze hardened as he shamelessly wiped the hair out of her face to reveal the scar.

Meg couldn't believe he had actually dared to do that. How could someone just coldly stare into someone's eyes and call them a freak? Meg's eyes slowly filled it selves with a pure hatred that could only burn a hold into someone's mind. She noticed her breathing had become rapid, and her mind was growing fuzzy. What was going on? She's never felt this enraged before.

"I don't understand what you're doing with someone like Freddy. He's a useless piece of shit that shouldn't even be alive......." The mocking smile the boy somehow managed to offer her was enough to make Meg snap.

This wasn't any normal person. This was a demon. Meg's mind went completely blank as she threw herself onto the boy. He didn't make any noise as she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck. There was no one around, and a threatening silence fell between the both of them. He knew Meg was going to kill him. But it wasn't Meg, it was somebody else. Her eyes shifted to a glowing white, and in a second, a snap could be heard. As 'Meg' went to stand up, she smirked down at the boy who was motionlessly laying on the ground. 'Meg' rolled her eyes as she noticed her other self was slowly starting to take control again. She closed her eyes, and when  she opened them up again, the boy lay dead before her.

-Flashback end-

As the sound of something hollow hitting the ground reached her ears, Meg forced herself to look away from the body. Freddy was only a few feet away from her. He had dropped the smoothies he was holding, and his hands were covering his mouth.

"M-Meg......? What.....what have you done?" He managed to stutter out.

What had she done? She didn't know herself. Everything just went black and when she got her ability to see again, the boy was dead.

"I-I didn't do it......." She whispered, mostly to herself than to Freddy.

Tears were falling down the brunette's eyes as he slowly backed away from his girlfriend. Had Meg......killed his past torturer? He didn't want to believe it, but he had seen her back away from the body earlier. As the wind blew through his hair, he felt that he was starting to lose conscious. As his eyes rolled into the back of his head, the last thing he could see was Meg reaching out to him. And for the first time ever, he didn't want her to touch him.