Bandages (Monnie)

Requested by: PatselStripes

Type: Fluff

AU: None

Pairing: Platonic Monnie (Mai x Onnie) and mentions of Oxyonnie

Onnie's POV:

This definitely sucked. I was currently sitting at a shiny modern table watching as Oxy and a certain white and purple-haired girl excitedly chatted about something. Meanwhile Mai's twin brother Puppet was getting the first aid kit from their kitchen. Why you may ask? Well.....

-Flashback-

I let out a yelp as Oxy accidentally touched my bloodied knee.

"Oh, shit! S-sorry!" Oxy awkwardly removed his hand and stared at me in an apologetic matter.

"Aaargh, this hurts!" I whined loudly.

My whole face was bruised because some assholes from our street tried to steal Oxy's bike while he was taking a pee. Being the smart kid I am, I bit a guy in the arm. And then they beat me up until Oxy came in and roughed them up even harder.

"Crap......we gotta heal ya fast! But I can't transport you with my bike to our apartment, which leaves only one option......." He muttered before standing up.

"What? Where are you goin'??" I screamed when Oxy lifted me onto his back, not out of pain, but out of shock.

"Hey, calm down! I know someone who can fix you up, she lives here nearby!" Oxy's cheerful voice calmed me down a bit.

"Alright......but what about your bike?" He didn't have a lock, so his bike could just get stolen again!

"I can always replace my bike, but I can't replace you." Oxy stated nonchalantly.

I tried to stop myself from squealing like a fanboy. I gotta confess to him soon! If he keeps talking like that, all the ladies are gonna be all over him!

-Flashback end-

And that brings me here. In the flat of two weird kids and one of them seems to be really fond of Oxy. I didn't like being jealous, but it was hard not to be when someone keeps talking to your crush!

Third Person's POV:

Puppet finally entered the living room, much to Onnie's relief.

"Here you go~" Puppet placed the kit down in front of the blue-head, and just as he did, a loud noise came from the hallway.

"Is someone trying to break in??" Mai curiously asked.

"Not on my watch!" Oxy bravely picked up a frying pan that conveniently lay down next to him.

"Oh, don't worry! That's probably Deuz." Puppet waltzed into the hallway and picked up a brick that was hastily pushed through the mailbox.

"What's the boss doing here??" Onnie asked confused.

"Yo, I'm here to pick ya up, or whatever........" Puppet read the note that was stuck onto it out loud.

"He has such a poetic way with words!" Mai chirped happily.

"Agreed~ Well, I'll see you guys later~" And with that, he was gone.

"Oh, yeah! Boss did say somethin' about him dating another guy!" Onnie suddenly remembered.

"Whoops, I guess we forgot......." Oxy scratched his cheek in an uncaring way.

"Let's heal you now, Onnie!" Mai shoved her chair next to Onnie's.

Instinctively, Onnie shuffled back a little. He shot a glance towards Oxy's direction only to see he was heading for the kitchen. Just great........ Mai took a disinfection spray before handing Onnie a pencil.

"What's that for?" He raised an eyebrow at the pencil.

"You gotta bite onto it!" Mai explained as if it were obvious.

A bit hesitant, Onnie bit down onto the pencil which split in half when Mai applied the spray to his knees and arms.

"OUCH!" Onnie ripped his arm out of Mai's hands and stared her down grumpily.

"I told you you'd need it!~" She laughed before taking out some colorful bandages.

"What color do you like?"

"............blue."

With that, Mai applied a bunch of blue bandages on his wounds. Onnie carefully watched her as she did so.

"There you go!" Mai lightly patted Onnie's knee.

"So, Mai. What do ya think about Oxy, hmm?" He stared her down in an intimidating way, even though Mai didn't even seem to notice.

"He's a good friend of mine! Why? Do you like him perhaps??" Mai brought her face closer to his in anticipation.

"W-wha-?! N-no! What makes you think that?!" Onnie yelled as his cheeks heated up.

"Uh-uh~ I bet you do like him!" Mai continued pestering him.

"Nu-uh!" Onnie defended himself.

"What're you guys up to?" Oxy entered the scene with three cups loosely in his hands.

"Just chatting!~" Mai patted his shoulder when she said that.

Onnie just half-heartedly nodded while Oxy put down a cup of tea in front of him.

"Are you feelin' better now?" Something in Oxy's eyes made Onnie melt inside.

"U-uh, yeah.....I-I guess!" He quickly sipped away at his tea to hide his obvious blush.

"Great! Thanks Mai!" Oxy fist-bumped Mai energetically.

Onnie's growl was muffled because of his tea but Mai didn't miss it. She giggled before gulping down her tea in one shot.

"You guys should go on a date!" She bluntly suggested.

Onnie spit out his tea and Oxy coughed as he choked on his own drink.

"W-what?!" The orange-haired one of them wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"I think you heard me already!~ Hey, Onnie! Can I speak with you in the kitchen for a sec??" Without waiting for a response, Mai took Onnie's hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" Onnie whisper-yelled at the girl in front of him.

"Setting you up on a date with Oxy!" Mai simply replied.

"..........do you think he'll say yes?"

"I know he'll say yes!"

............okay, maybe Mai wasn't so bad after all.