Give Me Love (Freg)

Requested by: I'mLostVeryLost

Type: Song-fic (Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran)

AU: None

Pairing: Freg (One-sided Freddy x Meg) and mentions of Freddoy (Freddy x Joy)

Third Person's POV:

Give me love like her, 'cause lately I've been waking up alone~

Meg blankly stared at the ceiling of her bedroom. She was thinking about Freddy again. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying about him. He surely was the one for her, but Freddy was already together with her best friend Joy. It was pretty hard for her not to tell Joy about her feelings for her boyfriend, but it would be selfish of her to just try and steal Joy's man. But she loved Freddy with all her heart......

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt~

Sure, he was a little weird because he often talked to himself, but frankly, who was she to judge him? Meg loved Freddy for how sincere he was, how he can be a softie yet a leader at the same time, how he......was pretty much the complete opposite of her. She was rude, short-tempered and unfair towards others. And now Meg was crying in her room, because she was this selfish towards others. She locked out Spring and Fox, and lately she's been trying to avoid Joy as well.

Told you I'd let them go, and that I'll fight my corner~

Suddenly, the bell rang. Meg really didn't want to get up, but in case it was one of her childhood friends, she didn't want to leave them out in the cold. She groggily opened up the door, only to be greeted by-

"Hi, Meg!" Holy shit.

What's Freddy doing here?!

"What're you doing here?" Meg asked, looking at the brunette in front of her.

"Joy said you've been a bit sad lately...... So I came to cheer you up!" Yup, he truly is an angel.

Maybe tonight I'll call ya, after my blood turns into alcohol~

"Thanks.....but I'm fine......" Meg muttered, looking anywhere but at those light blue eyes.

"Meg, please...... I don't know what's bothering you, but I wanna be there to support you." Freddy said, placing a hand to his heart.

Meg sighed but gestured for him to come inside.

"You want some coffee?" Meg boredly asked.

"Yes, please!" Freddy cheerfully answered.

No, I just wanna hold ya~

Freddy sat down at the table while Meg went into the kitchen.

"Where are your parents?" Freddy curiously asked.

Meg's hand began shaking lightly at the memory of her parents. The fire, the house, and oh God, the screaming. Meg suddenly realized someone was hugging her from behind. Not in a weird way, but in a comforting one.

"Freddy......?" Meg muttered, too shocked to say anything else.

"S-sorry, you looked like you needed a hug and......I'm sorry for asking about your parents....."

Give a little time to me or burn this out~

Meg wanted to stay in this position forever, but it wouldn't be fair towards Joy, and she knew that.

"It's fine.....you couldn't have known...." Meg replied, shrugging a bit.

"I'm still sorry......" Freddy said a bit saddened.

"Hmph." Meg lightly smiled at that.

"Here's your coffee." She said, swiftly turning around to hand it to him.

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around~

"Thank you!" Freddy said, offering her a bright smile.

Fuck Cupid for making her fall in love with him........ Freddy sipped at his coffee, savoring the bitter flavor it had. You'd expect someone like him to love sweet-flavored things, but he was all about bitterness. Freddy hoped he didn't freak Meg out by hugging her earlier. And to be honest, he still slightly had a crush on her. Not that he would cheat on Joy or anything! He would never do that. But Freddy used to have a crush on Meg too. He didn't think he had a chance with her, though. Meg probably liked people who were more tough......and he was anything but that.

All I want is the taste that your lips allow~

And he was frankly really worried about her. Meg had dark bags under her eyes, and even though she was naturally a bit skinny, it almost looked unhealthy to him. Freddy finished his coffee, and looked at Meg. She blankly stared back, and Freddy swore he saw a color dust on the other's cheeks.

"Do you maybe wanna go out on a walk?" Freddy politely asked.

".......sure, I guess." Meg tiredly replied.

Freddy took his jacket and stepped outside in the snow. Meg was wearing nothing but a light sweater, causing Freddy to furrow his eyebrows in concern.

My, my, my, my, oh give me love~ My, my, my, my, oh give me love~

"I'm not cold, okay?" Meg said with a sigh.

"You're shivering! Here, we can share my scarf." Freddy offered, already placing part of his scarf over Meg's neck.

Meg's face lit up, and Freddy wondered if he had gone too far.

"Hey, moron! Don't you think it's a little weird to share your scarf with our girlfriend's best friend?" Fred rudely asked.

"I'm just trying to be nice!" Freddy whisper-yelled back at him.

"Thanks......" Meg suddenly muttered.

My, my, my, my give me love~ My, my, my, my, give me love~

"H-huh? Oh, you're welcome!" Freddy happily said.

They continued walking, and Meg's mood slowly started to lighten up. Freddy was never gonna be hers, and she knew that, but being friends with him would be alright too.

"So are you and Fox dating?" Freddy suddenly asked.

Meg's expression soured at the mention of the redhead, causing Freddy to burst into laughter.

"Yuck. Never in a million years......" Meg said, sticking out her tongue in disgust.

My, my, my, my, give me love~

"Okay, okay! Do you love Spring then?" Freddy playfully asked.

No, I love you...... But that wasn't what she said.

"Nah, he's just a really good friend of mine......." Meg said, smiling a bit.

"It's good to have friends that support you......" Freddy dreamily said.

Snowflakes fell onto his soft brown hair, and Meg's jaw dropped at how gorgeous he looked.

"But I know there's someone out there for you, Meg." Freddy comfortingly told her.

"Yeah.....yeah, I know......." Meg muttered, mostly to herself.