Guardian Angel (Sprai)

Requested by: HayouyaArt11

Type: Fluff

AU: None

Pairing: Sprai (Spring x Mai)

Mai's POV:

I was currently bolting down the streets as the Nightmares chased me. I looked down at the scarf I stole from them. It was only fair of me to steal it back! Deuz had stolen it from Puppet, and even though my bro told me it was fine, I insisted on getting it back. I was in a lot of trouble, though. But I didn't mind. I like being in trouble! I reached a dead end and heard footsteps behind me.

"Tch, there you are! Gimme back the scarf!" Deuz demanded, getting closer.

"Nu-uh! Take it from my dead hands!" I yelled back, sticking out my tongue.

"Ugh, I don't have time for this! Just give it back!" Deuz was now pulling on the other side of the scarf.

"No! Let go!" I didn't wanna pull any harder, or the scarf would surely rip.

"Hey, leave her alone." A carefree voice said from behind us.

I looked up to see that Spring was walking over to me and Deuz. Yay! He's here!

"Piss off, man! This ain't any of your business!" Deuz growled at him.

"Come on, Deuz. It's midnight and it's cold. How about we all just go home and you let Mai keep her scarf?" Spring calmly suggested.

"Fuck that." Deuz stubbornly replied.

I took this opportunity to kick him in the nuts and took the scarf from him.

"Ouch! You'll pay for that!" Deuz was gonna chase after me, but Spring grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back.

"Not on my watch." He simply said.

"Boys, don't let her get away!" Deuz yelled before punching Spring.

I climbed onto a dumpster and ran up the stairs from some apartment. Oxy and Onnie weren't as acrobatic as me and kept falling off the dumpster. I giggled at the sight before turning my attention to Deuz and Spring. Deuz was knocked out but Spring was in danger since Onnie and Oxy went to go after him instead. I quickly looked around before deciding I just had to get in there myself.

Third Person's POV:

Mai jumped down from the stairs and carefully landed on the ground. She ran over to the fighting boys and jumped onto Oxy's shoulders.

"What the fuck?!" Oxy yelled as Mai blindfolded him with the scarf.

"Run, horsie! Run!" She excitedly yelled.

Spring chuckled before dodging Onnie's punch. He easily knocked him out and went to see how Mai was doing. She was leading Oxy to whatever direction she wanted to go to until the orange-haired giant got too dizzy to walk anymore. As he fell down, Mai jumped off of him. Spring stared at the smaller girl in amazement before noticing she was shivering. He took off his jacket and handed it to her.

"Here you go!" He said, offering her a smile.

Mai stared at him in shock before bursting into laughter.

"Uh......what's so funny?" Spring asked a bit confused.

"You really are my guardian angel, huh?" Mai said in between laughs.

"Haha, I don't know about that......" Spring rubbed the back of his neck a bit flustered.

"You are! I've seen you in my dreams!~" Mai continued, excitedly bringing her face closer to his.

"Y-you dreamt of me?" Spring stared straight into Mai's pale purple eyes.

"Yeah! And each and every time, you save me from trouble! And we usually end up kissing too!" It was unbelievable how casually Mai could say that.

"Wow......you have some weird dreams....." Spring muttered, unsure of what else to say.

Mai giggled and Spring felt his heart beat faster. She was pretty cute...... But she was still shivering, and the Nightmares would probably wake up sooner or later.

"Can I walk you home?" He politely offered.

"Sure!~" Mai linked her arm with his.

Spring walked with Mai to her apartment a bit stiffly. He was literally linking arms with a girl like Mai........holy crap. They reached the apartment and Mai loudly knocked on the door. Her brother Puppet opened up and sighed in relief as he saw them.

"Geez, Mai. You had me worried there." Puppet seemed rather relaxed, though.

"I would've been killed if Spring wasn't there!" Mai excitedly explained.

"You would've probably been fine without me! Those dudes are pretty harmless and you've got some nice fighting skills!" Spring complimented her.

Puppet looked between his twin and Spring with a raised eyebrow. His smile didn't falter, however. It even stretched a bit.

"Sounds like you two had a fun time~" Puppet said, leaning with his arm onto Mai.

"Yeah, it was super fun!~" Mai said, throwing her arms into the air.

"I'm glad you had a good time! See ya later?" Spring hopefully asked.

"Absolutely! I'll see you at school!" Spring didn't have the heart to tell her he couldn't go to school.

"Y-yeah......bye!"

"Wait! Your jacket!" Mai yelled after him.

"Oh, right. You can keep it if you wanna!" Spring said in his usual chill tone.

"Thank you!~" Mai ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

Spring awkwardly patted her back and watched as she went into the apartment. Tonight had been rather interesting....... Did Mai really dream about him? And was he really qualified enough to be her bodyguard? If he really was though, Spring wouldn't mind. Mai jumped onto the couch and watched as her twin stared at her with a knowing look.

"What's up??" Mai asked, even though she already knew.

"You're into him, aren't you?~" Puppet said with an amused voice.

"I'm super duper into him!!" Mai jumped up and down, the energy still not having left her body.

"That's good. He seems like he'd protect you." Puppet approvingly nodded.

"Yup! He's my guardian angel!"