Knights (BXB)

Requested by: asriel_dreemur09853

Type: Angst, slight fluff

AU: Soulmate/Kingdom AU (You feel the physical pain your soulmate feels, but you won't get any wounds from it)

Pairing: BXB (Bonnie x Bon) with brief mentions of Freddoy (Freddy x Joy)

Third Person's POV:

Bon groaned as he felt a light pain on his shoulder. Joy offered him a sympathetic look as she continued taking care of the horses.

"Your soulmate again?" She asked, patting a horse on the head.

"Yeah..... I guess he or she is a pretty un-carefull fella....." Bon said with a dry chuckle.

He's been in a lot of pain lately, which probably meant his soulmate was getting themselves into some trouble. Or maybe they were a knight, like he was. Then the constant pain would make sense. Joy luckily didn't have to go through all that pain, since she had just found her soulmate Freddy last week. They were in a healthy relationship, and Bon couldn't be any happier for them. He just hoped he or his soulmate wouldn't get hurt badly during one of the battles, that would be really bad. Fortunately you can't die from the wounds your soulmate might have, but the pain could still be terrible. Lately things have been pretty calm in the kingdom. The Funtimes kingdom hadn't attacked at all the entire week. But even though the knights of said kingdom looked more innocent than anything, Bon knew better than to underestimate them. Especially those blue-haired and red-haired girl knights. They were the reason he had his arm broken for a long-ass while.

"Hey, I'm gonna buy some apples on the market. You want anything too?" Bon asked, getting up.

"Uh....no thanks! I'm gonna have dinner with Freddy tonight!" Joy said with a grin.

Bon nodded and walked to the apple stand on the market.

"You came just in time, young man! These are the last I have in store today!" The salesman cheerfully told him.

Bon bought the last apples and just as he was about to walk away, a voice made him stop.

"Huh?! All the apples are sold already?!" A boy's voice asked dissapointed.

Bon turned around, only to look straight into beautiful ruby eyes.

"Whoa!" Bon backed up a bit, noticing the other boy was really close to his face.

"Did you buy the last apples?" He surprisingly didn't sound angry, just curious.

"Uh....yeah. Sorry, dude. I'll give you one." Bon replied, offering the purple-haired boy an apple.

The other boy thankfully grinned and took the apple from him.

"Thanks a bunch! I'm Bonnie, by the way!" Bonnie said, extending a hand to him.

Bon somewhat shyly smiled and took his hand.

"I'm Bon." He coolly introduced himself.

Bonnie sat down on a barrel, and Bon went to sit next to him.

"So you're a knight, huh?" Bonnie asked, taking a bite out of his apple.

"Yup. Are you one too?" Bon noticed Bonnie wasn't wearing any armor.

"Yeah! I'm gonna pick up my armor at the blacksmith, you wanna come along?" Bonnie excitedly asked him.

"S-sure!" Bon cursed himself for stuttering in front of the cute boy.

They walked to the blacksmith, and Bonnie put on a purple armor.

"Wow.....I didn't know they had that color....." Bon said, looking at his own plain grey suit.

"The blacksmith is a friend of mine! He made this especially for me!" Bonnie proudly explained.

Bon frankly couldn't imagine a grumpy blacksmith like Fox making a special armor for Bonnie, but then again, Fox did have a few soft spots for other people. Mainly Chica, he remembered. They walked back outside again, and Bon felt the need to break the silence that had fallen between them.

"So, uh....have you found your soulmate yet?" Bon tried asking as casually as possible.

"Nope!" Bonnie didn't seem to mind at all.

"Me neither......" Bon replied with a sigh.

"Hey, don't worry! You'll find him or her soon enough!" Bonnie encouragingly said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Bon felt warm inside at the other's touch. There was something about Bonnie that made him feel different, even though he had only just met him.

"Knights! Come here! The Funtimes are attacking!" A loud voice yelled from the kingdom's gates.

"Shit....!" Bon quickly ran back to Joy's shed, Bonnie right on his heels. Joy already kept Bon's horse steady as he jumped onto it. She handed him his sword while giving a curious glance towards Bonnie.

"You need a horse too?" She nicely asked.

"That would be great!" Bonnie loudly replied.

Bonnie jumped onto a grey horse and clenched his sword tightly. He shot Bon a determined look, which was enough to motivate Bon into going to the gates with his horse. He stood eye to eye with one of the most famous Funtime knights, Felix. His handsome face was able to distract anyone, but Bon wasn't really affected by it. He swung his sword at the pinkette, to which the latter swiftly dodged it. He reached forwards and slammed Bon with the back of his sword onto his head. Due to the impact, Bon fell off his horse and harshly landed on his butt. Felix was nowhere to be found, but Bon couldn't care less about him at the moment. Bonnie was in a heated battle with Fede, and Bon noticed his armor was starting to loosen up. He quickly picked up his sword again and went to help Bonnie, who shot him a happy look. He managed to hit Fede in the chest, but it wasn't enough for Fede to give up. He slammed his sword onto Bon's back, sending him stumbling down once again. Just as Fede was about to jam his sword into Bon, giving him an apologetic look in the process, someone jumped in front of him.

"Urgh.....!" Bon felt a horrible pain in his ribs.

It was such an unbearable pain he started coughing up blood from it. He just lay down there, trembling with tears streaming down his face because of the pain. But the worst part wasn't that. Bonnie had been hit by Fede's sword, and he fell down next to Bon. The realization was the worst part. Just meeting your soulmate the same day you would lose them, that was true emotional pain. And Bon couldn't prevent the tears from falling out of his eyes like a faucet.

"Don't cry, Bon...... I'm happy to have at least known you for about an hour......" Bonnie somewhat jokingly said.

Bon almost wanted to laugh, but as Bonnie started to choke on his own blood, he just continued sobbing. He weakly took Bonnie's hand and lightly squeezed it.

"I'm gonna avenge you, Bonnie....... I'll kill them all if I have to....." Bon said in almost a whisper.

"I know you will, Sweetheart......." Were Bonnie's final words.