Burns (Towynn)

Requested by: WallFlower8870

Type: Angst, fluff

AU: None

Pairing: Towynn (Towntrap x Owynn)

Third Person's POV:

Towntrap was more than just a bit worried about Owynn. Ever since elementary school, he'd seen marks appear on his arms and legs. Burn wounds, he assumed. He never got the courage to ask him about it, but Towntrap knew he couldn't just leave him like that. So he asked Owynn about it some time, just casually, and Owynn calmly said he was just really clumsy during cooking. Town knew that was a lie. Owynn was really handy, everyone knew that. Towntrap was starting to suspect that Owynn got abused at home. The idea made him feel horrible, but what if it was true? He couldn't let his crush continue getting hurt like that. Hell, it didn't even matter whether Owynn was his crush or not, he just wanted him to be safe. He planned on properly confronting him about it, after school was the perfect opportunity. Their boss chose him and Owynn to clean the dungeon while Eak and Cami would run an errand for him. And since the boss would be out too, Towntrap could privately talk to Owynn about it. After he hung up some subject posters to the wall, Town made his way to the school's secret basement. Owynn was already there, playing around with his hair.

"H-hey, Owynn!" Towntrap hoped the other boy would ignore the nervous stutter in his voice.

"Ah, Vegetables. Let's get to work, shall we?" Owynn handed him a wet rag.

As Town took the rag from him, he lightly brushed against Owynn's fingers. Towntrap quickly pulled away as soon as he saw a look of pain shoot across the other's face. Owynn knew that Town had noticed but didn't say anything and started sweeping the floor. With a hint of disappointment, Towntrap also started to clean in silence. After quite a while they finished up and Towntrap was thinking of something to say.

"Well, I'll see you later." Owynn speed-walked away from him but Towntrap carefully took his hand.

"Wait......." Owynn patiently waited, but didn't turn around to look at him.

Towntrap muttered something to himself and tried to think of a way to ask Owynn about his wounds. He didn't have the chance to speak up due to Owynn grabbing his chin.

"E-eh....?" Towntrap's face lit up at the other's touch.

"What's wrong? Are you shy?" Owynn teasingly said, bringing his face closer.

If it weren't for Town's curiosity about Owynn's wounds, he would've thought of the act as something romantic and intimate. But he could clearly see that Owynn was trying to distract him from what he wanted to say.

"Owynn, I need to ask you something." Towntrap firmly said.

Owynn blankly stared at him, but Town could see that he was growing nervous.

"Keep it for another occasion, I've got things to do." Owynn was about to walk off again, but the look Towntrap gave him made him freeze up.

Owynn's POV:

Towntrap looked at me with a mixed expression of seriousness and concern. I've never seen him looking that serious ever before, so it came as a surprise to me. A pain shot in my right arm and I quickly gripped at it. The cigarette my dad pressed onto my arm yesterday had lingered on there for too long. I refused to look Towntrap in the eye. I didn't want to let anyone know about my problems at home, especially not him. He'd try everything to get me out of there, but I really can't have that. Where am I supposed to go then? I have to live somewhere close to the school in case boss wants me to do something for him. Town would understand, right......?

"You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna......." His words surprised me.

I dared to look up at his understanding face.

"Just please let me know if you ever want to talk about it." Towntrap gave me a bright smile.

How can one idiot be so adorable.......? I often acted cold towards Towntrap, but I guess that was just my way of showing that I cared. There was a slight color on Town's cheeks and he seemed to hesitate on doing something. In an act of impatience, I pulled his head down and crashed my lips against his. Towntrap was surprised at first, nervous even, but eventually he relaxed a bit and kissed back. Due to the lack of air, we parted. I smirked at him as he shyly narrowed his eyes. I wasn't in the mood to cry about my home life, maybe someday. But for now, all I wanted to think about was the tall boy in front of me.