Strawberries (BXB)

Requested by: KittenGirl1313

Type: Fluff, slight angst

AU: Soulmate AU (If you write something on your skin, it will appear on your soulmate's too. In this AU it only works on the arm, though.)

Pairing: BXB (Bon x Bonnie) and mentions of Jeg (Joy x Meg)

Third Person's POV:

Bon smiled as he noticed another drawing appear on his arm. This time it was of a bunny, and after that his soulmate drew a star too. They were so adorable! Things have only started appearing on Bon's arm since about two months ago, when he just turned 15. Some people just immediately wrote down their name and where they were to find their soulmate. While Bon did think that was a very clever idea, he wanted to take things slow with his soulmate. And the other person seemed fine with it. But sometimes they would write some.....concerning things on their arm. Things like 'doubt' and 'migraine' or 'goner'. But Bon found out they were all Twenty One Pilots songs. So his soulmate must be a fan of them, just like him. Even though it really could've been just harmlessly writing down songs, it made Bon uncomfortable. What if his soulmate was trying to tell something by writing down all those songs? All three of those had rather depressing lyrics. Bon just hoped his soulmate didn't suffer from depression or got bullied. Because lately there's been more and more reports of bullying at Bon's school. Today, Bon's soulmate was obviously more active. Sometimes they wouldn't write anything for at least three days. But Bon thought it made some sense. Writing with ink on your skin wasn't the healthiest thing, after all. Suddenly, a new drawing appeared. It was a little doodle of a strawberry, and Bon's heart just melted at it. But there was more. A strawberry with an arrow next to it, pointing at another drawing that looked like a......bush? A small hand appeared in front of the strawberry too. Plucking strawberries?? Oh......wait! There were bushes with strawberries in the school's garden, and all of the students were allowed to go pluck some there on Thursdays. Today was Thursday! For the first time, Bon wrote text onto his arm.

"I'll be there....." Bon whispered to himself as he wrote it down.

He received a thumbs-up as an answer. Bon hopped off the bus and raced towards Meg and Joy who were probably flirting with each other. Bon grinned and touched Meg's shoulders in an attempt to scare her. Meg however, didn't even flinch and turned around with an icy glare that made Bon gulp. Her eyes softened when she saw Bon, though.

"Ugh, don't do that....." Was all she had to say.

"S-sorry! I was just excited!" Bon laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Excited? How come?!" Joy got closer to him and stared right into his green eyes with her sparkly blue ones.

"Y'know...... I'm kind of having a meeting with my soulmate......" Bon shyly admitted.

"Oh my God!" Joy and Meg were squealing like two teenage girls who just found out their best male friend was finding their soulmate.

Oh wait. That's exactly what they just found out.

"Where are you gonna meet him?" Meg asked with newfound energy.

"Strawberries. That's all I gotta say." With that, the bell rang.

Bon calmly walked to his next class, but inside he was just screaming with happiness. The day went by annoyingly slow, but that was probably because Bon was gonna do something excited. When the last bell finally rang, Bon rushed outside and grabbed a basket from the brick wall in the school's garden. Joy and Meg were already there, secretly kissing each other from behind the basket they used to cover themselves.

"Girls." Bon happily said.

This time, he did manage to scare them. And while Meg did seem very annoyed, she looked amused as well.

"Let's go find my soulmate now!" Bon yelled, not even bothering to listen to something sassy Joy said that made Meg burst into laughter.

He ran to a random row of strawberry bushes and plucked a few while looking around for anyone doing the same thing. There weren't that many people today, only a few. But Bon recognized most of them from his own classes and others didn't have the same drawings on their arms as he did. Suddenly, he heard laughter from the far back of the garden. It wasn't really happy laughter, more comically evil. And Bon immediately realized the laughter was from The Nightmares. He watched from behind a bush as the four members of the band were seemingly beating someone up. The only girl member he remembered as Maggie seemed uncomfortable and just watched from the side-lines as her friends continued kicking someone. Bon felt kinda bad for her and when he started hearing a bit of sniffling, likely from the victim, he had enough. He had been a victim of bullying too, but Meg and Joy had helped him stand up for himself. He knew what it was like to get beaten up by people stronger than himself. And he refused to just stand there any longer. He ran towards Oxy and roughly kicked him in the back. Oxy fell forwards and just barely missed the boy he was beating up, a cute purple-haired boy that was stained with red. Bon just hoped that was strawberry juice.

"What the fuck?!" Onnie yelled as he saw Oxy laying on the ground.

"Leave that kid alone, or do I gotta beat you too?" Bon asked threateningly, cracking his knuckles.

The three of them were obviously out of energy because they just beat up that purple-haired boy, and it was clear that they probably wouldn't be able to win a fight against an angry Bon.

"Tch, fine! But we're gonna get back at ya!" Deuz glared at him before forcefully dragging a pissed off-looking Oxy with him.

Onnie and Maggie left as well, and the latter flashed him a quick smile before following after her smaller band member. Bon kneeled down next to the boy.

"Thanks a lot....." The boy's voice was soft but still hear able.

"No problem, if they ever bother you again, just tell me." Bon's face lit up as the boy gave him a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you, soulmate." He suddenly said.

Bon's eyes widened before he looked at the boy's arm. He was wearing a short-sleeved hoodie and he had indeed the same things written on his arm as Bon did.

"Y-you're-"

"Bonnie!" Bonnie couldn't control the urge to kiss his soulmate, and he pulled the blue-haired boy down by his collar.

As they parted, the other boy managed to stutter out his name.

"H-hi, I'm B-Bon......"