Bitter (Freg)

Sorry, I couldn't find any fan art again, (or at least none that would fit with this one-shot) so I hastily threw together a mood board for them XD  Sorry if it's a bit messy!

Requested by: WallFlower800

Type: Angst

AU: None, but in this one-shot Fred is Freddy's twin brother, and not his second personality.

Pairing: Freg (Freddy x Meg)

Third Person's POV:

Freddy sat down on a stool in the music room, waiting for his beloved one. You'd be surprised to hear it, but his girlfriend was Meg from The Toys. He had fallen in love with her ever since he caught her singing alone in the courtyard one day. The two began to hang out and it didn't take long before Meg was also starting to feel something for him. They actually got together because of Fred, the only one who knew about their relationship. He had lured the two of them to a romantic afternoon locked up in a classroom. When they were released, Meg and Freddy acted as if it was the worst time of their life, being stuck with the leader of their band's rival. They promised each other not to tell anyone about their relationship until the rivalry between their band members toned down a bit. No one suspected a thing, but now and then some band members asked Freddy as to why he was being extra nice to Meg. He just told them that he wasn't doing it on purpose and that they must've just imagined it. But then came Fred's accident around. It happened mid-way through their second year at their high school. Fred had been hit by a truck driver who failed to hit the brakes on time. Freddy had cried for days then, even weeks. The rivalry between The Toys and The Animatronics had calmed down immensely, but obviously that wasn't the right moment to talk to them about Freddy's and Meg's relationship. Meg had hung around him to comfort him usually after school. So their bands wouldn't assumed anything odd. It took Freddy three months to be able to slightly get over Fred's death. Of course not completely, he would never fully recover from Fred's death, but he was starting to get a little better. Freddy's dark thoughts dissapeared when he noticed someone sit down next to him.

"Hey~" Meg's tone wasn't necessarily flirty, but one could interpret it that way.

"Meg! How'd your math test go?" Freddy curiously looked at his girlfriend.

"Ugh......it totally sucked. That teacher just wouldn't get off my back!" Meg complained before taking his hand.

"Teachers can be bothersome. Let's go get some lunch!" Freddy quickly looked around if no one was walking through the halls before dragging Meg with him to the cafeteria.

It was completely empty, probably because it was actually recess at the moment. But students at the school could come eat their lunch in the cafeteria a bit later if they had to stay due to a test, for example. Something caught Freddy's eye when he looked at a table in the back. He could make out someone sitting there, a boy with purple hair. He grew incredibly nervous as he quickly realized it was Owynn. He had been up to no good ever since he got here, and Freddy knew that all too well. He was dangerous. And he really didn't want to sit alone in a room with him, especially not if Meg was present there as well.

"A-ah, how about we go eat outside for once? It's a beautiful day outside!" Freddy shakily suggested.

Meg immediately noticed his odd behavior and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Freddy? Are you okay?" She inspected him closely and noticed some sweat dripping down his forehead.

"I'm totally fine! I just wanna-"

"Hey! Meg, Freddy! Over here! Come sit with me, you guys!" A fake-innocent voice cut through Freddy's words.

Meg turned a bit annoyed when she realized who the voice belonged to. That annoying kid that tried to force his way into her band was spastic-ally waving at them from the back of the cafeteria. Freddy definitely wanted to decline his offer, but to avoid getting into trouble with a by-passing teacher who looked at them in a questioning way, he walked over to Owynn's table. Meg raised an eyebrow at him but followed after him anyways.

"Take a seat!" His tone sounded threatening to Freddy.

He uncomfortably took a seat across from the purple-haired while Meg took a seat next to her boyfriend, all the while glaring at Owynn.

"What do you want?" Meg impatiently asked with her arms crossed.

"Oh, nothing! I just wanted to have a chat with friends! Such a coincidence that we're the only ones here right now, don't you think?" Owynn casually said.

Freddy knew that he and Meg needed to get away from him right now. With his eyes not leaving Owynn's two-colored ones, he took Meg's hand and slowly got up. A confused Meg followed his example to the displease of Owynn. Something in Owynn's eyes just made Freddy feel horrified.

"Sit the fuck down."

Freddy's eyes widened when Owynn took out a black object. Did he seriously carry a fucking gun around with him? Meg gasped and hastily looked around if anyone was nearby, but then she came to realize only the three of them were there.

"Just sit down, and we'll just have a nice talk. No one has to get shot." Owynn's calm voice was terrifying to Meg.

Freddy knew that Owynn didn't have the balls to shoot him or Meg. It was one thing that never changed about him since middle school. He could bark very, very loudly but he wouldn't bite. With that idea in mind, Freddy took the risk to run with Meg out of the cafeteria, completely ignoring Owynn's furious cries.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Meg screamed as she noticed Owynn was chasing after them.

"I'll explain if we make it out alive!" Freddy shortly answered.

They turned a corner only to be met with a dead end. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Not good! Freddy prepared to turn around and run away again only to be met by a pistol in his face.

"Make a single noise, and I'll blow your head off." Tears were threatening to spill out of Freddy's eyes.

"Don't you fucking dare.......!" Meg whisper-yelled to him.

"Or you'll what?" Owynn quietly laughed, bringing the gun closer to Freddy's head.

Meg wished so badly that she hadn't snapped then. With a roar she charged at Owynn, carelessly punching him and knocking the gun out of his hand. The pistol hit the ground and a loud bang could be heard. Meg had already shut her eyes tightly, expecting to get hit by the bullet. To her surprise, she heard a quiet groan behind her. She wanted to vomit when she saw Freddy's school uniform getting tainted with red. Owynn looked more than just a bit shocked.

"No, no, no! I-I was just threatening you, I w-wasn't gonna-"

Meg completely ignored Owynn's words and ran to Freddy's side.

"Please, please be okay!" Meg's tears fell on Freddy's soft cheeks.

Owynn had already ran away to call an ambulance, but Meg knew it was too late when Freddy weakly smiled at her. If Freddy ever smiled that way, it meant nothing but sadness. And as Meg continued sobbing and hiccuping, Freddy admired her beauty for the last time. He didn't mind dying, as long as Meg was still alive. He just wouldn't be able to bare losing her too, Fred's death had already taken it's toll on him. But before he died, he thought of the bitter feeling Meg would have to live with, and then he was scared to die. Before his lungs gave out, he wiped a single tear from Meg's wet cheek. After Freddy got taken away, to the hospital he would surely die in, Meg was left alone. As she stood in the middle of all the running and gossiping students that just heard about what happened, a voice kept screaming at her in her head.

He's gone forever. And it's your fault. Why did you kill him, Meg? Was he not good enough for you?

Why did you kill him......? And so Meg's first day of a long, very long period filled with crying and being cold to the others around her had ended. If only she hadn't been so reckless............