Chapter 6

"No." I step away from him. "I'm not going to see that stupid book." His grip on the staff tightens. I get tense. 

"Yes, yes you are." He takes hold of my wrist with one hand and points the staff to my back with the other. I decide not to struggle, what would the point be? He could just summon of a few monsters, and I'd be out cold. I don't have my weapon, so there's nothing I can do. Besides, this place is a living labyrinth.

"Why do I have to? You said not to disturb it." I mutter. He takes note of the comment.

"This is different. It asked." I sigh. This is stupid, but I let him lead me there anyway. We stop in front of another doorway, in a dead end hall. Jestro releases his grip on me and opens the door. The book is probably thinking because it's holder is pacing back and forth across the room.

"Um, hello?" Jestro calls. The thing stops pacing and faces towards us.

"Oh, it's you." The book sneers. He points his gaze directly at me.

"I would say the same," I mutter. The book's expression changes.

"Tough girl. Ha!" He orders the holder to bring him closer, but only by a few steps. I sigh again.

"What do you want?"

"Information." He snaps his attention to the evil clown boy. I can see Jestro flinch.

"Did she tell you anything?" 

"N-no. She d-didn't." Jetro stutters. The books sighs in agony. He turns back to me.

"So, tough girl-"

"Sianna," I say. The book lets out a breath of frustration.

"Sianna, do you know where the knights are going now?" He paces the room again.

"It depends," I answer. The book glances at Jestro, and I can feel a spike press into my back.

"Just tell me, where are they going?" The book sneers. I shake my head no. The spike presses into my back again, and this time, I can feel pain, and the spike presses harder. It still doesn't cut, but the pain sears through my body. 

"They go where you attack," I yell out. The staff goes back to Jestro's side. "They go to the places you attack to stop you." I continue.

"Huh." The book thinks about my answer. "Okay. Cool. You can go now." I sprint out as fast as I can but stop, to listen to the rest of the conversation.

"I really don't think I should've hurt her like that," Jestro says.

"Relax, it'll heal. Besides, we got something out of the girl." The book reassures him.

"Sianna." Jestro corrects.

"Oh look. Now you're doing it too. Relax, we got this."

"Okay, but we still have to find the rest of the books," Jestro says, and walks out of the room. I hide behind a corner and listen to his footsteps fade away. He didn't want to hurt me? Something is wrong. I have to find out what that book is up to.