Chapter 20

We stay like this for a while, with Clay occasionally swinging his sword.

"Are you okay?" Jestro mouths. 

"Just a panic attack. I'll be fine." I mouth back. I suddenly put both my hands on the ground to balance myself. I'm really getting dizzy now. Clay starts moving towards me, but Jestro yells out a command to stop him, and soon, he's being buried by monsters. The other knights try to get them to lay off, but they're sucked into the pile too. I want to laugh, but the dizziness stops me. Jestro makes his way towards the corner hallway I"m sitting in, and when he finally gets here, he kneels down in front of me. 

"Do you need help?" He says quietly, making sure the book isn't here. Sure enough, I had seen it walk to the main hallway, away from us. I sigh in defeat. I wouldn't be able to lie.

"Yeah," I close my eyes for a second. My head is spinning and I'm starting to shake. 

"C'mon." Jestro gets up helps me stand on my feet. "Let's get you away from here." I nod gratefully. He leads me to a room on the far side of his fortress. I sit down and lean against the wall. Deep breaths, Sianna. I try to calm down, but I can't.

"I can't calm down!" I mutter. Jestro overhears this comment.

"Hey, it'll be fine." He assures me, but before I can respond, everything goes dark.