Chapter 32

When I told Jestro that I was heading to Funnyton with him and Monstrux (Although I didn't call the book by his actual name), he was beyond ecstatic. As it turns out, growing up, Jestro loved Funnyton, he would visit often. I laughed at this.

"We should have met a lot earlier than!" I had told him. He nodded.

Now I sat at the top of the moving fortress with Jestro and Monstrux. We all sat in an awkward silence before Jestro tried sparking conversation.

"I don't remember too much about Funnyton, but do you know where all the people will be when we get there?"

"At a comedy show," I responded almost immediately after. "But I guess my parents would be..." I trailed off. I didn't really want to talk about them right now. Jestro gave me a sorrowful look as if he understood.

Monstrux was pacing back and forth. Stressed looking. This was the last book, after all. At one point, we had made eye contact, and everything on his face read; If you tell Jestro, I will throw you off the King's Bridge. I didn't want to be knocked off King Halbert's bridge, so I happily nodded.

We finally arrived at Funnyton, I was the first one out and I ran over to the Funnyton sign and hugged it. Jestro smiled, something warm and soft. He laughed.

"Does it feel good to be home?" He walked casually next to me.

"Yeah," I said. I felt all giddy inside. Like a kid on Christmas, or their birthday. Except for this time it wasn't a holiday, it was a jester holding a knight for "ransom". I brushed that thought to the side. I took a look around. I could see my parent's house just off to the side, next to the theater. I felt like running to it and kicking down the door. "Hey, it's my old house!" I said, thrilled.

"Wow, that's cool!" Jestro said. He took it in. Monstrux rolled his eyes. We followed him to the back door of the theater. 

"Jestro, listen to me very carefully," I whispered. "When we get inside, a performer will have the Book of Betrayal. You'll take it and get me. I can find a way into my parent's house and get the knights over here."

"So you're busting me out of here?"

"Yes, just do what you have to do until you see the book," I told him as we entered the Theater Building. He only nodded and proceeded to catch up with the book. I decided to hang around backstage and watch. Jestro told me their plan. They wanted to convince Funnyton to join their side by providing comedy entertainment. I have to say, not a bad idea, however, there's one flaw. Two people in the crowd won't be so willing to join. My parents.

I'll have to convince them to let me sneak Jestro into the house.