Chapter 39

It's been a few days now since we took Jestro into the Fortex. Now, we have to destroy the book. The other knights are executing their "plan". They're driving around with little jester's hats in their vehicles, to confuse Monstrux into thinking they all have a Jestro. "Jestro" also supposedly has the Book of Betrayal with him. Clay is the one who has the real Jestro. Axl has the actual Book of Betrayal in the Brick. 

I don't have a vehicle yet, so I have to stay behind at the Fortrex, helping Merlock 2.0 watch Ava and Robin. It's not like their old enough to stay here on their own, especially since we literally have a hallway filled with weapons.

Ava and Robin were studying for knight school in the relaxation room. I'm watching the news coverage on what the knights are doing.

"Oh wow! Look at the knights go!  And the Book of Monsters is right after them!" The anchorman squeals. I scoff. Book of Monsters. Yeah, right. 

"There goes Macey, with the beastmaster right behind!" A shot of Macey's vehicle zooming by. Before long of this chase, she's cornered. And the beastmaster is out of his vehicle. But surprise, it's not Jestro! 

This happens a few more times with the other knights until finally, it's just Clay and Jestro. Monstrux seems to have finally caught on with the plan and is in hot pursuit. They rip down the dirt roads and through the fields. Until...

Crap.

Clay's been cornered. 

"Clay, be careful," I mutter to myself. I can feel my heartbeat going up. Monstrux has his other henchmen surrounding them. They're screwed. They're so screwed. Neither of them has left Clay's vehicle yet. Finally, Jestro says something, which is covered by the Knighton News narration. He starts pressing a bunch of buttons at the same time. Clay looks confused. I'm confused too.

What the hell is he doing?

The vehicle starts to shake. Oh! They're ejecting. That'll save both of them. The vehicle starts to head up in the air. Jestro jumps off.

He. Jumps. Off. 

What?! What?! No, this isn't right. The vehicle moves away from Jestro, and Clay's still on it.

"JESTRO!"