Chapter 35

When we got back to the Fortrex, the knights weren't all that...trusting. Merlock checked Jestro over for any residing evil, but it was like I'd tried to tell them. There was barely any left. The knights were also very happy to have me back. Axl invited me to help make dinner. We aren't sure what we're going to have yet, so right now, it's looking through the fridge for us.

"Are you and Jestro friends now?" Axl quizzically asks while picking up a box of leftovers to look at. 

"Yeah," I say casually. "The whole thing with Monstrux-" I drop the box of leftovers I had just picked up.

Dammit.

"Monstrux?" I sigh.

"Well, I..." I shut myself up. 

"Sianna," Axl says, putting something on the counter. "This is big. You have to tell us what's happening." I blink.

"Jestro can't know," I said suddenly. "If he finds out, he's doomed." 

"Alright. Does anyone else know?"

"No, I'll call a meeting tonight." Axl stares at me and nods. I resume picking up a cucumber and opening the package to cut it. I can't believe I said that! I'm such an idiot. But what did I expect? They would find out sooner or later. Just as I grab a knife from the drawer, Jestro stops by the door. 

"Hey...um, Clay said I should come and help out here. Is that okay with you guys?" Jestro stumbles over the sentence. Axl and I glance at each other. Don't tell. Don't tell. Don't tell.

Axl just smiles. 

"Sure, come on in." Jestro cracks something like a smile and finds something to do. 

It's half an hour later and everyone is at the table. Except for Jestor, Ava, and Robin. We asked them to go do something with Jestro.

"So, what's this meeting about?" Lance says sarcastically. Axl and I look at each other. I lower my voice.

"I have a big discovery." I glance at the door. No ones there. "The Book of Monsters might be Monstux."

Clang. Something falls on the floor.

"What?!"