Chapter 12

I wander the halls, looking for a safe place to pull out the small intercom. But, this will be difficult, since I am in Jestro's lair. I end up in a room that seemed to be on the edge of the castle perimeter. I slump down against the wall, tired, even though I just woke up. I pull the intercom out of my bag.

"Macey," I say.

"Yeah?" I sigh as her voice flows smoothly out of the speaker.

"So, I was able to look around the outside of the castle, for escape routes." 

"Great!" Suddenly, another voice comes through the speaker.

"Macey? Shouldn't you be training?" Oh my gosh, it's Clay. I have such an urge to speak to him, to tell him that I'm alright. I want to shove myself through the speaker and to the other side and tell everyone that I'm ok. But, I hold my tongue.

"Um, yeah, I'll be there in a minute." She says, and I can hear Clay walk away. "I gotta go." She says sadly.

"Bye Macey," I say.

"Bye."  The click I hear from the other side means she's logged off. I hold back a groan of despair. I wonder how the others are doing. Lance probably paid Ava to do something for him. Again. Aaron must have learned a new trick on his hover-shield. Axel is learning to cook better. Macey, getting stronger. Clay, well, he'll just stay the same. I want to cry. I miss them. But, I decided not to. I don't want to attract attention. I take out my notepad again. Then, I decided to draw myself. It doesn't long, and when I finish, I rip the paper off the pad and fold it. On the top, I write; "For The Knights, From Sianna". I get up and wander around. I want to find Jestro. I walk through the now almost familiar halls, calling out for him. Finally, he steps out of a room. 

"What?" He stretches out the word, obviously bothered by my presence.

"When you pull your next attack," I hold out the note. "Can you get this to Clay?" At first, Jestro looks at it, then he takes it from my hand. He looks at me. I nod, and he opens it for a few seconds. Then he closes it.

"Y-yeah. I think so." He tucks it in his hat. I smile, turning around and walking away. I go back to the room Jestro held me in when I first got here. Then, I dig my face into my shirt and scream. I can barely hear it, the black fabric muffles the sound. I want to get rid of my stress. It seems to have been piling up ever since I graduated from knight school. Here, it doubles. However, back at the Fortrex, I couldn't scream into my shirt or my pillow. I had to hold it all in. I lean my head back against the wall and let myself think.