Chapter 48

I must have finally fallen asleep at one point because I wake up to someone shaking me.

"Sianna! Wake up!" Aaron says.

"What's wrong?"

"The book! It's gone!" At this, I knew I should have told the truth, but that would cause some problems. I pretend to act surprised and sit up alertly.

"What?!" I frowned. "Are you sure?"

"We caught in on security footage," Aaron says quickly. "It was replaced with a copy of the Knight's Code." Of course it was. Classic Clay. 

I get up, put on some socks, and throw on a sweater before heading to the meeting room. Which is where I assume the knights will be. They all sort of look at me when I enter.

"What?"

"Everythings messed up! That's what!" Macy screams. "Clay just had to mess everything up!"

"Now, now dear. The Book of Betrayal is a powerful force." Merlock says calmly.

"This isn't the best thing in the world," Lance says. "But at least we're really close to winning." Silence.

Then everybody starts yelling.

Chaos swallows the room as people begin fighting and insulting each other. I stumble backward, trying to leave, and run down the hall to where all of our armor is stored. There's an extra set next to my armor, and I look at it. Never mind, you need some type of training to fight in armor. I run down the hall once again to the guestroom and open the door.

Jestro is sitting on the bed, fiddling with his staff, nervously listening to the yelling. 

"Jestro, how many spells can you do on your staff?"

"A few, why?"

"I have an idea."

"The last time you had an idea, we ended up here." I raise an eyebrow.

"Well, this time it' going to solve all the problems."

"And what's this idea of yours?"

"It involves an art known as breaking and entering."

"We're gonna break into my lair?"

"Exactly," I grab some paper out of the drawer of the old, rusty desk in the corner. 

"And how will we do that?" I smile.

"Well," I sit down on the bed next to Jestro and start drawing.