Chapter 31

I never did get the chance to tell Jestro that he was being consumed by the Book Of Revenge. That was because as soon as I got to him, he was talking to the book. When the book saw me with Jestro's staff, I could feel my entire body turn to stone. Jestro's eyes were wild with panic.

"Jestro! There you are!" I stammer. "I found your staff!" 

"Oh! Thanks, I guess." He walks cautiously towards me before taking the staff. I stifle a laugh, Jestro isn't too good at acting. The Book grimaces as if he was expecting something much more complex. He sighs and leaves, but before he passes me, he mouths something to me. We need to talk. I hesitate but end up walking by his side down the hall.

"So," He said plainly, his voice filling with sarcasm. "You figured it out."

"Figured what out?"

"I'm not stupid, you know. Sianna, it's pretty obvious that you know more then you seem about those books me and Jestro are collecting."

"Aw, look, you remembered my name this time." I spit. "And by the way, you're the one collecting the books. Jestro's just your puppet."

"See what I mean?"

"I suppose." We walk again in silence.

"So, do you want any information from me? Are you going to ask your puppet to kill me like he tried to two minutes ago?"

"He what?!"

"That book of yours, the one you gave him on your latest ambush on the castle? It's not done yet. He tried to attack me earlier, with monsters and his weird magic." The book almost looked surprised.

"That didn't happen last time," He muttered. I force us both to stop.

"Last time? There was no last time!" He just looked at me as though waiting for me to piece together the puzzle. And I finally did. We started walking again.

"Do you get it?"

"Yes, I do. Monstrux." The book glared at me. "I'm not stupid either,"

"No, you're not," He said, surprised. "Jestro wants to go to Funnyton, to get a book that some whacko there has."

"No," I forced myself to hold back anger. "My parents are there,"

"I see," The book raised the eyebrow thing on his cover. "Maybe we could truce. I don't attack, but you help us get the book."

I didn't hesitate to agree, and after quite some time, the book dismissed me, and I ran off to find Jestro. I was excited to be going to Funnyton, and I wanted to tell him. It suddenly hit me that there was a chance to escape from Monstrux before he could do anything to Jestro.

And it involved my parent's house.