Chapter 43

Lance didn't pay me to clean for him; instead, he grabbed a broom and swept up some splinters into a pile. At one point, Dennis came to help, but Lance shooed him off. 

"We've got this Dennis,"

"Are you sure, sire?"

"I'm sure." Lance laughed and swept up a few more splinters, telling me about the movie that he forced the team to act in, and how it was a total failure.

"You mean the new Golden Castle movie?" I laughed. "It heard it was great; perfect for some good laughs. I think you'd have done just fine, Lance." 

"Oh? Then we'll have to watch it sometime." Lance grinned proudly. "So you can witness my magnificence." 

"We'll see about that magnificence when I watch it." I shot back. Macy comes into the room.

"I heard that Clay destroyed this place," She echoes. She looks around. "Yikes. No wonder all the squire bots have scattered."

"They were having panic attacks in the corner!" I exclaimed, smiling. Macy scans the room again. 

"Lance, are you cleaning?" She gasps. "This a historical moment! I should bring everyone else to help!" 

"Good call, this room is a junkyard." Lance nods at Macy to go. "We're going to have to restock on targets." He says once we're alone.

I just realized that none are left. Huh.

"Yeah," I say. 

"Before Borington gets here; do you think we can get Jestro in time?" I frown.

"We're gonna have to. We don't have a Merlock to fight Monstrux, because as far as I'm concerned, he's stuck in a computer." Lance nods in agreement. "And Jestro has important information." 

"Like what?"

"The location of every booby trap and room in the castle, the whereabouts of Monsturx, the information we gave him while he was here." I give him a few more examples before Lance stops me from the sound of footsteps in the hall.

"Let's not get Clay in a worse mood." He whispers, teasingly grinning at me.

"Yeah, let's not." I smile back at him. I can hear everyone talking in the hall. 

"What are we going to be doing?" Clay says.

"Having a cleaning party." Macy shoots back.

"Everyone except Lance," It sounds like he's smiling when he says it.

"No, he's helping." Macy declares firmly.

"Yeah right!" Clay hints at sarcasm. Lance smiles and starts sweeping again just as they all step in.

"You'll see," Macy closes the door of the training room.

"Wow, I don't believe it." Clay walks up to Lance and taps his shoulder, the smallest smile on his face. "Dennis, you can come out of there,"

"There's no Dennis, he's somewhere else," Lance laughs. He sweeps up a piece of a target that resembles part of Jestro's hat. 

It slides across the floor and into the open garbage chute.