Chapter 38

I stayed in my room for the next few minutes, trying to come up with something to do, even though I couldn't. I decided to go see if Jestro was OK. I left my room and walked across the hall. The door to the guest room was unlocked, but I knocked anyway, waiting a few seconds before opening it.

Jestro was sitting on the bed, twirling his staff in his hands. He threw it up in the air and tried to juggle it, but it fell on his head. He sighed.

"Jestro? You okay?" I ask. His head snaps up to look at me.

"I don't know," Jestro sighs. "My head hurts a little."

"Really?" 

"Mhm. There's this little voice in my head, trying to tell me what to do."

"Voice?" Could it be Monstrux?

"Yeah," Jestro stops talking. I walk over and sit next to him.

"Hey," I smile. "It's gonna be fine! You're with us now, and once we destroy the book, you'll go back to normal."

"I will?" His eyes light up, not in a magic way, but in a happy way.

"Of course! We aren't going to leave you like this." I laugh. "It'd be wrong if we did!"

"It would, wouldn't it?" Jestro musters up his best smile at the moment. I check his eyes again. They're fading back to their normal color.

"Your eyes are back to normal," I say.

"Wow! That's great!" Jestro actually smiles this time.

"Yeah, it is." I get up to go grab my stuff for training. As I walk out of the room, I realize something. The eye thing only happens when something important is going on.

Strange, right?