Chapter - 10

Next day Meera woke up and got ready to go to conference held at Krishna's college. She already informed Priya about her arrival. Priya called her and asked her which time she will reach. Meera said she will be around 10. "Let's enjoy today, I'll be waiting for you. Come fast" Priya said. Meera smiled and got ready in simple dress and took necessary stuffs. She bid bye to her mom and reached bus stop. She got bus and her heart filled with excitement. He is her only thought. She reached his college bus stop. She took her mobile to call Priya. But to her surprise she met her schoolmate Ravi. "Hi, Meera. How are you? You too came for this conference" Ravi asked eagerly. "Yeah. I'm great. How are you?" She said with happiness. He said he is good and they both went together. Priya stood near entrance and she was waiting for her. She also surprised to See Ravi.

They three talked for sometime and Priya asked them to register and to sit in conference room. She said she has some work in registration area and she will join them shortly. Meera agreed. Meera's eyes searched Krishna, she couldn't find him. She disappointed very much, then she went inside the conference hall. Suddenly she felt something and turned and found him standing there. He was talking with the students about the arrangements. Meera's felt like her life depend on him and she stood there like a statue.

"The sensation which I get when I see  you is totally new to me!!
I don't know how I'm loosing my sense when I look at you!!!
Your messy hair is more enough to turn me crazy!!
Day by day your effects on me getting incredibly high😍
The only question rhyming in my mind is Why I like you this much and what all these feelings called??"

Meera was in her dream world, Ravi called her several times but she didn't react. Next time he called her name little louder. This time Meera got her sense. She smiled nervously. "What happened yaar, come let's go inside" Ravi said. Meera walked inside with him. That time she couldn't find Krishna there. Meera sat next to Ravi and Priya too joined them. After an hour they had tea break. Ravi said he want to meet his friend and he will return for next session. Priya agreed and took Meera for cafeteria.

Priya went to buy coffee for both. Krishna passed that way, he didn't noticed Meera. Meera tried to talk with him but he passed that place very fastly since he is the organizer, he looked busy. Disappointment clearly visibled in her eyes. Tears are ready to come out of her eyes, she couldn't control her tears. She rushed to washroom and she let her tears to come out.

Even now she doesn't know reason for her tears. She came here to see him and to hear his voice. But she didn't get even a single chance to meet him and not even to see him smiling. She truly longed to see his smiling face which is haunting her sleep every night. She tried a lot but she couldn't control her tears. She washed her face and breathed well for few minutes. She looked mirror to find whether there is any mark of crying on her face. She relaxed to find its normal and went out when she felt she is fine. She found Priya waiting for her. She went near her and sat beside her.

"Why are you looking so dull, Meera" Priya questioned sadly. "Head ache" Meera lied. "Drink some coffee, you will feel better" Priya gave coffee cup with sad expression. Meera felt bad to trouble Priya. Meera smiled and said it will cure soon. They both had their coffee. Krishna came there and sat in front of Meera. She couldn't believe her eyes. She smiled brightly by seeing him. "Hi Meera, sorry I didn't see you from morning. I was little busy with these works" he said with beautiful smile on his face. Meera felt happy and simply replied its okay. "She is not feeling well" Priya said with sad face. "What happened Meera?" He asked with concern. "Just head ache, it will get cured" Meera replied with smile. After that Krishna too joined them during Conference. It ended afternoon around 1'O clock. Ravi left after the conference. Meera too said she'll leave. But Priya said Krishna planned to go out. She looked at Meera and asked her to go with Krishna.

Meera denied to go. But Priya said Krishna is a nice guy and she will join them in two hours. "Actually we both planned to take you out after this conference since you was depressed for last few days. But now I have an important work surely I'll join you. Please now you go with him" Priya said with pleading tone. Meera agreed finally. Krishna came with his car and asked both of them to get inside but Priya said that she will join them in two hours. Krishna looked her with little anger in his face. Priya said it's very important work and Meera will come with him. He asked Meera to get inside. Meera took passenger seat. He ride to nearby mall. They both walked inside the mall.

Meera felt happy to walk with him and to spend time with him

Meera felt happy to walk with him and to spend time with him. Krishna spoke about random things and he made her to laugh for his jokes. Meera laughed wholeheartedly. She forgot every stress she had and the sadness she had that morning. He asked her to participate in halloween celebration conducted in the mall. Meera fears about darkness from her childhood, so she refused to participate. Krishna compelled her and he said that he too will accompanie her. After long time she accepted. But fear is visible in her eyes.

There was a room and they named it as "Scary world". The name itself scared her. She looked him pleadingly. He shook his shoulder and bought two tickets. He grabbed her hand and walked inside the room. It was fully dark. Meera could hear her heartbeat outside. She holds his hand tightly. They moved further, suddenly someone shouted from their back. Meera was hell scared and shouted more than him. She closed her eyes in fear and her hold on his hand became more tight.

He said "Meera don't close your eyes, try to face this darkness. Fight with this, I'm with you, don't get scare. You can Meera try" he said by patting her hand. Meera opened her eyes and she tried to follow the steps which he told. She walked straight by holding his hands. They tried to scare her by giving different sounds but Meera crossed them boldly. They was near exit. Meera felt happy that she finally reached without fear. Now her grip on his hand loosened. She can see exit so she walked fast to reach exit.

There she found a thing which is like a glitter. Slowly it came into focus like an object looked at through a telescope, but this phantom was close, very close. At first it's whisper was like the soft susurration of the wind in the trees, then the ghostly figure became more clear, more sharply focused, the whisper became an eerie rasping voice, moaning, groaning like a Godzilla. Now she could see the form of a man with a silvery ragged line across his neck and gaunt soulless eyes. He came near her with devil eyes.

Meera stumbled in fear. The sound increased her heartbeat. She got tears in her eyes and she ran fast to Krishna and hugged him tightly and she started to cry. Krishna feels her uneven heartbeat. It showed how much she was scared. He looked at her face by patting her soft. She truly looked like a baby when she was crying. Then the lights were on. Meera came out of hug and looked the man, he smiled and gave a halloween mask to both of them. After that only she breathed normally.

 After that only she breathed normally

Hi friends,

From here Meera and Krishna's happy moments start. Happy reading 😍