future edd x reader.

Your p.o.v

You had been sitting in your room. Edd had recently gone missing, and it had a strong effect on you. You hadn't left your room, you hadn't selpt, eaten, or drank anything. It's been two months and you just, felt the need to be alone. You never got to tell Edd you loved him. Tom and Matt went out. You don't know what they were doing, but you really didn't care. You looked down at edds old sketchbook and sighed. You put the sketchbook on the desk next to your bed. You laid down on your side and just laid there, staring at the wall. You sigh again and look at the floor.

Hours later...

Your p.o.v

You jumped when the front door slammed open. "Dang it matt." Said tom, but he sounded older. You sit up in bed as an older sounding matt spoke. "Sorry, I have a struggling person in my arms." He said. What is going on? You walk out to see Matt looking in a mirror, Tom drinking smirnoff, an older looking matt, tom, and someone you couldn't see. All of them soaked from the rain. Older Tom looks up. His brows furrow together. "Y/n? Is that you?" He asks. You look at him confused. Older matt looks over his shoulder, and his eyes tear up. You see the unknown man struggling to turn around. You look at both of them even more confused. "What is going on?" You ask. Normal Tom replies. "These are me and Matt from the future. Their machine thingy broke, so they'll stay with us till old me can fix it." Tom says, pointing at the him look alike with the goggle thingys. "Turn around dang it!!" The unknown guy yells in frustration. He jerks old Matt around and your eyes tear up. "E-edd?" You ask, your hand covering your mouth and your eyes tearing up. It's edd, but he's got a beard, and a black trench coat over his green hoodie. He looks at you and starts to cry. You run over to him and hug him, he tries to hug back, but him hands are cuffed behind his back. You start to cry. "Is it okay if he sleeps in your room y/n? We don't want him in our old rooms, since I'll be with tom, and Matt with his younger self." Future Tom asks. You look up, wiping your tears. "I won't mind." You say. You walk to your room and open the door, as Matt puts edd into your room. "Good night." Future Matt says, walking to his old room. You turn around. You inhale deeply, and start to cry. You hug him once again. "God edd, I missed you so much." You cry. Edd fights tears as he buries his head into your shoulder. After you both calm down, you speak. "You can sleep in my bed, I'll make a pallet on the floor. Before edd can protest, you lay him on the bed, putting him under the blanket. You lay down in your little floor bed, when you hear edd sneeze. "Are you okay?" You ask, turning around. "Y-yeah, just a bit cold." Edd replies, shivering. You get up and feel his hair, soaked. You sigh. "Stay here." You order. Edd nods. You walk down to edds old room, and grab him some dry clothing. You know, for the future edd, he hasn't grown at all. After grabbing him dry clothes, you walk to the bathroom, and grab a Bobby pin before walking back to your room. You stand edd up and unlock the surprisingly modern handcuffs, and take them off. Edd rubs his wrists. "Thank you." Edd says. You hand him the dry clothes. "Get changed, I'll dry your wet clothes." You say. Edd nods as you walk out if the room. He tells you that you can come back in. You walk in and chuckle. He looks like he did now, but with a bit of stubble. You grab his wet clothes and hang them up to dry. You walk back in, and was about to lay back down on the floor, when edd grabbed you from the bed. You laid there, confused. "I wanna cuddle." Edd mumbles. You nod, and fall asleep.

That morning...

Furure Edds p.o.v

I woke up to the sound of y/ns alarm. "We, are the crystal gems. We'll always save the da-" Y/n groans and hits snooze, turning around. I realize I was spooning her. I smile, and cuddle her for a little longer. Soon, she yawns and opens her eyes. "C'mon Eddie, we gotta get up before one of the Tom or Matt's walks in and get the wrong idea." She says, getting up. I yawn and stretch, getting up. "Edd." Y/n says. I look over to her. "Where did you go? When you went missing?" She asks with tears in her eyes. "I-" I sigh. "I was just going to go try to find ringo, when someone kidnapped me. I got away after about 4 months, but when I got home." I say, looking down with tears I my eyes. "Why did you cry when yu as me if you end up getting back?" Y/n asks. I take I  a deep breath. "Because when I got back, you had committed suicide." I say quickly, tears falling from my eyes. I feel two arms around me. "That, is probably because I though you were dead. And I saw no reason to live on without the one that I loved." Y/n said. My eyes widen. I hug y/n back tighter. "Promise me that you'll wait for two more months for me to come home. Okay." I say, holding her shoulders and looking in her eyes. "I need you to promise me that, because I love you, and when I came home I was devastated, to hear that the one I loved was actually dead." I said, more tears rolling down my face. They nod their head and smile. After our tears were wiped and hugs were given, we walked out of her room. No one else was up yet, so y/n made all of us bacon and eggs. Both the Tom's walked down the stairs. They sat down, and laid their heads in their arms, and It was all in sync! I heard y/n laugh. Soon after both of the matts walked down, looking ready for the day.

Narrator p.o.v

Y/n kept her promise to future edd, and edd came home 2 months later. He burst in the door, and y/n, that was sitting at the table, waiting, jumped out of her chair and hugged edd like her life depended on him. The future changed. Cola wasn't outlawed, tord didn't blow up the house and actually moved in. Edd and y/n started sharing a room after edd confessed. Tord and Tom eventually got along. And everyone lived happy. Because of that one fateful night, that the door slammed open, on a rainy evening.

Hey guys! I just randomly thought of this. I think it's pretty good. I was watching YouTube, when I thought back on a different story I had read. I forgot who wrote it, or what it was called, but it gave me this idea. I hope you have a fanwonderfultastic day! Bye! ✌ (p.s, I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT THE STORY THAT GAVE ME THE IDEA, ALL I REMEMBER WAS THE PLOT! THAT'S IT!!)