matt x reader

(This isn't the story for the survey)
Your p.o.v

It had been years since I've seen the gang. I had to leave in elementary thanks to a move, but now I'm back. The only ones who know are Liz and Rey. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, making sure my f/c dress looked nice. I had texted matt with a new phone to perform closer in the talent show for a surprise. He agreed and it's the big night. We all gathered into the gym for the old elementary where it was held. I say in  the middle-ish, not wanting to be spotted. Matts act was the 17th out of 20. I watched all of them. I was a little surprised when for the 5th act, Liz and rey went up for a fnaf skit. I laughed at one point because Liz's voice cracked. It was a few acts later. 16th. I was taking deep breaths, muttering my lyrics. You see, Matt doesn't know it was me who texted him, or that I'm the surprise either. They finish, and matt walks on. He walks up to the microphone. The music starts. "Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you, I drank too much and that's an issue but I'm okay.
Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them, But I hope I never see them again." He takes a breath in. "I know it breaks your heart, Moved to the city in a broke down car. And four years, no calls. Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar, And I can't stop
No, I can't stop. So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older." As he finishes, he looks a little down with the pause for instrumental, thinking he'd been stood up. You stood as your lyrics came on. You had informed the people and so you had a microphone. "You look as good as the day I met you
I forget just why I left you, I was insane. Stay and play that Blink-182 song, That we beat to death in Tucson, okay." I ran up on stage as matts face lit up. "I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no call. Now I'm looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I can't stop. No, I can't stop." I smiled as small tears formed in his eyes. "So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover, That I know you can't afford. Bite that tattoo on your shoulder. Pull the sheets right off the corner, Of the mattress that you stole, From your roommate back in Boulder.We ain't ever getting older.
We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older." Matt picks up the microphone and sings with you.
"So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover, That I know you can't afford, Bite that tattoo on your shoulder. Pull the sheets right off the corner, Of the mattress that you stole, From your roommate back in Boulder. We ain't ever getting older
We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older. We ain't ever getting older
No we ain't ever getting older." The song finishes, and your tackled in a hug. Matt dug his face into your shoulder. "I thought I'd never see you again!" He said, tears falling from his eyes. I smile, patting his back as people 'awww'. "I know, But I couldn't give up the chance to surprise you."

Timey wimey skipey wipey..

It's now been about 3 months, and matts been acting weird. He started avoiding me too. It hurt. So today I invited him to the park. I now sat on a bench, reading/drawing while waiting for him. "Hey y/n! What's up?" Matt said, jogging over to me. I looked up and smiled, setting my book/sketchbook down. "I just wanted to talk." He sat down next to me. "Okay. What'da wanna talk about?" I looked him in the eye. "Why have you been avoiding me?" He looks a bit surprised and looks at the ground. "I-. Well I-. I just-." He sighs. "I get it." I say, standing up. "You don't wanna see me. I get it. Sorry." J was gonna walk off, but Matt grabbed my arm. I turn around. Matt pulled me close, hugging me to his chest. "I-. I have. I have a small crush on you." He said, just loud enough for me to hear. I pulled away and cupped his cheek. "It's okay. I do too." And after forever and a day, he closed the space between the two of you.

_______________________________________

FINALLY DONE!!! This took forever.