Prolouge: A Million Dreams

I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

I have been reading the comments and wanted to clear up the pronunciation of the main character. It's Dan-eel (like Jensen Ackles' wife)
On July 9, 1980, the hottest day of the year, Atlas and Kerrigan Rosier welcomed their first and only child. A beautiful baby girl whom they named Danneel Daisy Scout was born at 3:09 pm weighing in at 3.86 kilograms.

The street in which the Rosier Manor resided on was vacant, as none of the other wealthy residents would be caught dead in the furnace-like weather. So it was rather odd when a man, who seemed to appear out of thin air, was standing on the sidewalk. After receiving the news about the Rosier's newest arrival, the man in question decided to rush right over and pay his respects. No sooner did he raise his hand to knock did the door open to reveal the head of the Manor, Atlas Rosier.

"I knew you'd come, Lucius," Atlas greets wearily, "Although I didn't expect you this soon, especially with this heat."

"Well I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter," Lucius drawls, "And discuss some... other things."

Atlas opens the door a little wider, "Come in. It's better to discuss away from wandering ears."

Lucius nods before entering the Manor. Atlas casts one more lookout to the street before shutting the door behind him.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Again I want to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter," Lucius states, swirling his glass of scotch.

"Thank you," Atlas nods from the other side of his desk, "Although Kerri is the one who did all the work."

"Do send her my regards."

"Of course, and do the same for me to Narcissa. Your son, Draco, is what... a month old now?"

"Yes. Young Draco is quite a blessing. Although Cissy was hoping for a girl."

"Well, if all goes well then she might get her wish," Atlas says leaning forward.

"Yes. You always were on to get straight to business. But if you must know that if we can't reach an agreement I do have several other options, such as the Greengrasses. I only want what's best for my son."

"I am aware of your offers, Lucis," Atlas drawls, "And I too just want what's best for my daughter. The offers have been pouring in since the birth announcement. Although I haven't had the chance to really look at them. I wanted to spend time with my wife and daughter."

"I assure you this won't take long," Lucius says, shifting under Atlas' glare. "This agreement will be beneficial to both parties and most importantly it will keep the bloodline pure," Lucius adds.

"Yes. Yes," Atlas dismisses, "I want to make sure my daughter is in the best hands so I have some conditions."

"State your conditions." Lucious smirks, "And I'll state mine."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

After two hours the two fathers had come to an agreement and the contract was drafted. All they had to do was sign but both men wanted to reread it one last time. The contract in itself was split into three main clauses.