Chapter 23: Renegade

The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Nevermore to go astray
This'll be the end today
Of the wanted man

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I can't believe those boys joined Umbridges stupid Inquestiaral squad," Zara sighs as she passes out mugs of hot chocolate she got from the kitchen.

"Me neither," Danneel says shaking her head.

"My sister's taking it for the extra credit, " Daphne shrugs, "But Draco and Blaise don't need it."

"You know it's because Uncle Dearest told my darling cousin that he had too and Blaise joined because of Draco," Cass scoffs and gets up from her spot on the floor and walks over to her dresser, "What color do you want your nails Daph?"

"Do you still have that gold color?"

"Yea."

"I'll do that one then," Daphne decides and huffs, "I'm so mad too this was the first night in a while Blaise didn't have to study of have quidditch practice. We were going to have a date night but that old had just had to ruin it. It's bad enough I can't even hold his hands in the hall and corridors but now she's keeping us apart in our free time.

"Damn Daph," Danneel laughs, "Tell us how you really feel."

"No I don't mean I don't want to be here with you it's just that, I really wanted to go on this date."

"Was it supposed to be the date?" Cass teases.

Daphne turns bright red, "I don't know? Maybe."

Cass cackles out in laugher as she sits across from Daphne and starts to paint her nails.

"Shut up," Zara says hitting Cass with a pillow, "How long have you been dating?"

"Since the end of school last year," Daphne shrugs, "So a year."

"You could have a whole ass 3-month-old baby," Danneel exclaims.

"But she won't because she hasn't done it yet," Cass teases.

"Shut up Cass," Daphne groans, "We all can't be you in third year with Tristan Lake."

"Ugh, that shouldn't even count. It was like 5 minutes!"

"It counts," The three of them shouted at Cass.

"Are you ready?" Danneel asks as Zara starts to braid her hair.

"I think so," Daphne responds, "I was told that you just know. Maybe it was for the best..."

"You do it when you're ready Daph," Zara insists, "Blaise won't push you into it and he's not going to leave you if you don't."

"Thanks, Zari," Daphne says and yelps, "Damn that's cold Cass try and keep on my nail would you."

"Speaking of boys how are you and Draco," Zara asks Danneel.

"We're good, you know just engaged," Danneel laughs.

"How long have you officially been together?" Daphne asks.

"Oh god," Danneel pales, "I don't know?"

"You became official at the end of September," Cass states "so..." she pauses and counts on her fingers, "You've been together 9 months, although it feels like 7 years."

"I mean it kind is," Zara shrugs, "You guys have been inseparable since birth."

"You're not wrong," Danneel mutters, "Cass can you hand me that blue post-it note?"