Chapter 45: Anything Like Me

And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
He'll probably climb a tree to tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin' something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass, in a window down the street
He's gonna get in trouble, he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback, if he's anything like me

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

January 9, 2000

"Draco," Danneel groans leaning against their bedroom doorframe, "Dracooooooo."

"Just give me a second," Draco says throwing clothes and shit into a duffle bag.

"Draco," Danneel hisses, "We need to go now!"

"Just give me a second," Draco says and runs into the closet to grab who knows what.

Danneel sighs and pushes off the wall. She waddles to the kitchen and grabs the book bag she pre-packed and the diaper bag on the table. Danneel groans as a sharp pain erupt through her abdominal.

"DRACO!" She yells through gritted death.

"Yeah love," Draco smiles as he pops his head out.

"IF YOU DON'T TAKE ME TO MONGO'S RIGHT NOW YOU MAY HAVE TO DELIVER ANOTHER BABY WITHIN THE MONTH! YOU DON'T NEED THAT MUCH IN AN OVERNIGHT BAG!"

"Right," Draco says and rushes back into the room. He reappears with the duffle bag and speeds over to his wife. "Okay let's go have a baby."

Danneel laughs and cries as she allows Draco to take her to the hospital.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Oh he's beautiful," Danneel cries as Draco hands her their son, "Welcome to the world, Atticus Sawyer."

"You did amazing," Draco says crying as well and kisses the side of her head, "I love you so much."

Danneel laughs and leans into her husband. There's a knock at the door and Draco says "Come in."

Stella, one of the senior nurses Danneel works with, walks in "Hey sugar. Congratulations, he's precious."

"Thanks, Stella," Danneel smiles.

"You got some visitors," Stella smiles, "You up to see 'em?"

Danneel smiles up at Draco who's looking down at her to make sure she's okay. "Yea send them in," Danneel says sleepily.

Stella smiles and nods before she leaves. Danneel looks down at their son and smiles, "So who did you tell?"

"I don't know what you mean," Draco says.

"Draco it's 3 AM," Danneel chuckles, "And someone had to tell them."

"Okay so I told our parents, and Cass and Fred," Draco says.

"Which also means J.D and Riley heard but Daphne, Blaise, and Zara won't come until morning because unlike the rest of us they don't have any wailing babies."

"I love you," Draco says and kisses Danneel.

"My baby had a baby," Atlas says exclaims with his arms out wide as he walks through the door."

"Darling there are people sleeping," Kerrigan scolds hitting her husband's arms.

"Oh, he's precious," Narcissa coos.

"Want to hold him, dad?" Danneel asks.

Atlas doesn't say anything but takes the baby from his daughter.

"He looks just like you Draco," Atlas says, "But he's got my nose."

Atticus goes from Atlas to Narcissa, and then to Kerrigan and back to Danneel. Cass and Fred arrived shortly after with one baby strapped to each of their chests.

"He's adorable," Cass says bouncing Carson up and down, "Look at your new buddy Car. This is Atticus. He's your cousin."

"And then there were four," Riley says entering the room holding Miller with J.D following behind.

"You have great timing," J.D sighs, "Miller was in his witching hour and he doesn't let anyone sleep when he's in his witch hour."

"The twins too," Fred adds.

"Let's swap babies," Danneel says, handing Atticus to Draco so he could hand him to Cass, once she gave Carson to Riley. Riley gave Miller to Kerrigan and Fred gave Caroline to Danneel.

"Aw sweetie," Danneel coos to Caroline, "You're going to have your work cut out for you when you start dating. All your big scary cousins, uncles, and Dad. But that's why you got your aunts, we got your back."

They pass around babies for about an hour before Stella comes in and kicks everyone out saying that the new family needed to rest and there were too many people in the room.

"That was," Danneel yawns.

"Go to sleep," Draco smiles and picks up the baby, "You did amazing today and deserve to sleep. I love you."

"Love y-," Danneel trails off and goes to sleeo.

Draco smiles and places Atticus in his crib. He kisses his son's forehead and said, "You are so loved. You're going to have such a large loving family behind you. Your mum and I are so glad you're here."

FOR CLARIFICATION ABOUT THE "WHOLE IS ATTICUS RELATED TO THE GOLDEN TRIO" QUESTION I HAVE MADE FAMILY TREES BELOW HOPEFULLY IT CLEARS THINGS UP

CAROLINE AND CARSON'S MUM'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY (AKA CASS' FAMILY TREE) 

CAROLINE AND CARSON'S DAD'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY (AKA FRED'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY/GOLDEN TRIO)