Chapter 12: Listen To What The Man Said

Oh yes, indeed we know
That people will find a way to go
No matter what the man said
And love is fine for all we know
For all we know, our love will grow
That's what the man said
So won't you listen to what the man said

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Danneel sits upright in her bed dripping with sweat and breathing heavily. She checks the digital clock on the table beside her and frowns at the glaring red numbers 2:45 am glaring back at her. She creeps her way toward the dorm's shared bathroom and slips inside. She turns the water on and splashes cool water trying to tame the fire she feels inside.

Still feeling wide awake she walks outside of the bathroom and grabs the book she has on her bedside table and tiptoes downstairs. She's surprised to see a figure sitting on the couch already but as she moves closer she recognizes the platinum hair. Despite her creeping like a cat he turns and their eyes lock.

He gives her a half-smile and asks, "What are you doing up?"

"Well you know I just like to be early. Figured I'd get an early start to my day," She retorts weakly.

Draco's face falls and he gestures to the open space next to him on the couch. Danneel sighs and quickly makes her way to the spot and sits down next to him, laying her head on his shoulder. Draco's arm moves from the back of the couch to around Danneel's shoulder and breathes deeply.

"Now what's the real reason you are up?" Draco coos.

"I had a nightmare, about that night."

"The Triwizard Tournament?"

"Yeah, I keep reliving the end. Harry's pained screams. His dad's wails. The absolute havoc and chaos of that night. I can't stop thinking about it."

Draco squeezes Danneel in a hug, "I know me either. That was pretty terrifying."

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

"Did you not hear what Harry said?"

"Potter?" Draco scoffs, "I don't care much to hear what comes from his mouth."

Danneel hits him lightly in the rib, "I'm serious Draco!"

"I think I had a cousin named Sirius. Course I'm not really sure because it's a burned spot on my family tree tapestry..."

"Draco!" Danneel cries.

"Sorry," Draco chuckles.

"He said the You Know Who is back."

Danneel can fell Draco tense and she moves her head to look up at him. Draco looks down and kisses her forehead, "Well he was in shock. He could be spouting nonsense."

"Draco..."

"He's not back!" Draco growls and then softens, "We would know if he was."

Danneel shifts as she remembers their fathers' past and hopes history won't repeat itself. Draco senses his girl's distress and gives her another hug.

"Everything is going to be okay," Draco hums, "Besides it's the last day of school and then a summer of fun." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

An hour was all that stood between the students of Hogwarts and their summer freedom and instead of spending it with friends sprawled out on the grounds they all sat in the Great Hall listening to Professor Dumbledore.