Chapter 37: Blue Christmas

I'll have a Blue Christmas without youI'll be so blue just thinking about you

Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree

Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Cass I swear I don't know how long I can do this," Danneel says storming into her and Cass' dorm one day after a particularly hard day at school and lights a cigarette, "I came so close to getting detention. So close.Thank god winter break is in two days."

"D," Cass calls.

"They were terrorizing first years again and they've started using the unforgivable curses," Danneel rants and starts to pull her hair back as her face gets flushed.

"Danneel!" Cass yells.

"What!" She yells back but this gives Danneel time to focus on the person behind Cass sitting on the bed.

"Dragon?!"

"Yeah, Dani it's me," The blond says standing up.

Danneel lets out a cry, "Draco" and runs to give him a hug.

"Bout time you noticed," Cass laughs.

"You canceled the last two visits," Danneel whispers cupping his face, "I thought something happened to you."

"Nothing that I can't handle," Draco says leaning his forehead on Danneel's, "I'm okay."

"Alright," Cass whistles, "I'm going to let myself out. If I can't sleep here tonight put a sock or something on the door before 10 would yeah!"

"Okay," Draco says as he continues to stare into his wife's eyes.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The next two days were more bearable for Danneel knowing that Draco was waiting for her in her dorm. And on the last day of break Danneel flew to her dorm. She just wanted to be with him and enjoy the solace of her and Cass' dorm. Away from violence, away from war, away from death.

For the most part of break Cass, Danneel, and Draco spent it in the dorm. They managed to sneak food in from the kitchens and played several games of wizard chess and exploding snaps. Soon it was Christmas, and they managed to set up a sorry excuse for a tree but a tree none the less.

"Open my gift first," Cass says as she hands Danneel a neatly wrapped box.

Danneel smiles and grabs the gift and opens it neatly, "Oh Cass what did you get these?"

"I had Riley get them for me," Cass smiles.

"What are they?" Draco asks edging closer to look at them.

"Inkhoy's colored pens," Danneel marvels, "Mine were running out of ink. Thank you so much, Cass."

"You're welcome."

"Okay open mine now," Draco pushes and hands Danneel her present.

Danneel smiles and grabs it. She opens it and lets out a delighted cry, "Oh Draco."

"What?" Cass asks.

"He made me a photo album from when we were babies till now."

"Wow," Cass says and jostles her cousin, "Who knew you could be such a softy."

"Shut up," Draco grumbles and then turns to Danneel, "Do you really like it?"

"I love it!" Danneel exclaims and throws her arms around Draco's neck and gives him a big kiss.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Do you really have to go," Danneel sighs as they lay on top of the astronomy tower.

"I'm afraid I do," Draco says and kisses her forehead.

"But I miss you," She continues and plays with her fingers.

"I miss you too. But look at it this way, you're halfway through school and in a few short months we can go on our honeymoon... and be happy and in love together."

"I'd like that," Danneel says and twists Draco's wedding ring around.

"Please don't be mad."

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because I'm leaving, and I'm not going to school anymore. And you feel like I abandoned you."

"You didn't abandon me," Danneel exclaims and turns around, "I just miss you, but I can't help that. The only way to make it go away is is you come back to school and you won't do that or I could drop out of school but you won't let me do that either. So I miss sit and wait until these 6 months are up."

"I'm sorry," Draco sighs and runs his free hand through his hair.

"It's not your fault," Danneel sighs and kisses her on the cheek.

A/N Sorry this is shitty it's a filler.