Chapter 28: Paper Rings

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings
Uh huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want, and
I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this
Uh huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want, 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"You ready to go to Hogsmead today?" Daphne asks. "I was thinking we could to Gladrags Wizardwear, and then Zara wanted to go toScrivenshaft's Quill Shop."

"Actually Daph, Draco and I have a date today," Danneel says leaning on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Actually," Draco winces.

"What?" Danneel demands sitting up with a frown.

"I have detention today," He says meekly scratching the back of his neck, "With McGonagall because I kept hanging in my work later."

"Draco," Danneel groans.

"Sorry love," He says kissing her cheek and stands to leave, "Promise I'll make it up too."

"Well looks like I'm free to go Daph."

"Sorry D."

"It's fine. It was just supposed to be our first date in a while."

"I thought you said he was getting better?" Zara comments.

"He is. He's at every meal now, and I see him in class and at Prefect duties but it would be nice to hang outside of school you know.

"Who does Danneel want to hang outside of school?" Blaise says joining the table.

"Draco," Daphne replies pecking her boyfriend's cheek, "They were supposed to go on a date but he just canceled on Danneel."

"He didn't cancel, he just got detention," Danneel huffs.

"That's rough mate," Blaise says, "Anyone seen Cass? I got a quidditch question."

"She's holed up in her room," Zara answers, "Poor dear is sick or something."

"That sucks."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Did she send some?" Cass says panting slightly from climbing the Astronomy stairs.

"Mother did one better," Draco smiles and shows Cass the wooden box.

"SHE SENT ALL OF THEM!" Cass squeals in excitement as she gazes on her Aunt's jewelry box full of engagement rings that are family heirlooms.

"Wait one's missing," Cass says her heart drops, "Don't tell me she lost is!"

"Don't worry Cassie," Draco smiles, "Mother didn't put it in because she knows it's yours."