Chapter 55: Don't Blink

Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

January 9, 2007

"God almighty," Danneel says bouncing her new one-month-old son, Scorpius.

"Need help?" Kerrigan says walking toward her daughter.

"Yes please," Danneel sighs, "Why did I think it was a good idea to host Atticus and Ace's 7th birthday when I just had a newborn."

"Your a good mum," Kerrigan smiles and takes the baby.

Danneel heads to the bathroom to fix her hair and change her shirt for one that doesn't have spit up on it. On the way, she passes all the kids in the playroom.

The 7-year-olds are in one corner of the room. Atticus, Ace, and Miller are building with blocks while Caroline and Roxanne are dressing up Carson in dress-up clothes.

The 5-year-olds are at the other corner. Sydney is playing teacher to her students Stella, Orion, and Ronnie. Dallas is playing with Zara and Braxton's 4-year-old son Lawerence while Jackie, Fred, and Cass's 3-year-old daughter follow them around.

Cass walks into her room to find Cass changing her 6-month-old son George's diaper.

"Oh sorry," Danneel says.

"No I was just finished," Cass smiles and picks up her baby.

"Why did I think this was a good idea," Danneel sighs.

"Because we love our kids and we'll do anything to keep them happy."

"How are the other babies?" Danneel asks.

"Daphne and Blaise's baby (1 year and 8 months) Summer is just full of giggles. And Parker (Zara and Braxton's 2-month-old daughter) is sleeping like a rock."

"That's good," Danneel sighs and changes into her shirt.

"Did you see Teddy?" Cass asks.

"No, I didn't."

"He came with Narcissa, went to Draco right away. They've become quite the pair," Cass smiles.

"Yea, I'm glad they get along so well," Danneel smiles, "I think it's the funniest thing when he transforms into Draco."

"Oh that's hilarious," Cass laughs.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Can you believe how big they are?" Riley says as all the moms sit on the couch while the dads are outside flying the kids on brooms.

"No," Daphne sighs and bounces Summer, "Seems like yesterday I just had Ace, and now I've got three."

"The things they can do," Emmy says, "Roxanne learned how to unlock the cookie jar the other day. Too smart for her own good."

"I feel that," Cass laughs.

"I know I joined the party late," Zara laughs and makes a face at Parker, "But I'm glad I joined."

"Hogwarts is going to have their hands full with the lot of them," Cass laughs as George grips her finger.

"No doubt," Danneel says as she fixes Scorpious' blanket.

"I'm done though," Cass says, "Fours enough."

"I'm done too," Zara agrees.

"I third that," Daphne laughs.

"I've could have a couple more," Riley says.

"I think I could have one more," Danneel agrees, "But maybe wait until Atticus goes to school."

"Send one out," Daphne laughs, "And welcome one in,"

"I really want a girl," Danneel cries.

"I could go for a boy," Emmy adds, "Want a trade?"

Danneel looks down at Scorpios for a moment before smiling, "Nah, but if the next ones a girl and I have another boy we can trade."

"Deal!"