Chapter 47: They Say It's Your Birthday

They say it's your birthdayWe're gonna have a good time

I'm glad it's your birthday

Happy birthday to you

Yes we're going to a party party

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

January 9, 2001

"Why are we making such a big deal about this," Danneel sighs as she prepares Atticus' smash cake.

"Because it makes your mum and Cissy happy," Cass says as she gets a cookie, "Same reason I let her and Molly do the same thing for the twins last month."

"I feel bad," Danneel sighs, "Its Ace's birthday tomorrow I don't know why we don't just combine them."

"Because it's their first. Let them each have their one first, you have all the time in the world to double em up later."

"You right," Danneel says picking up the cake and walks out of the kitchen to wear there family and friends are waiting, "Let's sing happy birthday."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Who knew a one-year-old could be so popular," Danneel laughs as she lays her head on Draco's chest. 

"He did get quite the spread of gifts, "Draco agrees as they both look at their son who's sitting on the ground playing with one of the many toys he got for his birthday.

"Christmas was like two weeks ago and now it's his birthday. If we're not careful then he'll be spoiled." 

"He's not going to be spoiled."

Danneel hums sleepily and Draco kisses her head, "You were quite the host. It was a great party."

"Too bad he won't remember it," Danneel sighs.

"That may be true but," Draco smirks, "When he's older we're never going to let him live down the fact that he smeared cake in his hair and up in his nose, as well as putting his new pants he got on his head."

"True," Danneel says, "And Regean and Cass took so many pictures."

"Can you believe it has been a year," Draco sighs.

Danneel shakes her head, "No I can't. It's been crazy but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't believe almost all of us have babies."

"We're really growing up aren't we," Draco laughs.

"Yea we are."

"Mama," Atticus giggles and points his chubby fist at his parents.

Danneel sits up shocked, "Did he just?"

"Yea," Draco laughs, "He just said-"

"Mama," Atticus says and claps.

Danneel laughs and picks him up and cuddles him close, "Yeah. I'm your Mama."

"Can you say, Dada?" Draco asks tickling his son's belly.

"Mama," Attics says and blows raspberries.

"We'll work on it," Draco nods.