Chapter 11: Stairway to Heaven

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
And she's buying the stairway to heaven

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Two weeks after Danneel was released from the Hospital Wing Draco took her on their first date, and when one is a student at Hogwarts there's only so few places couples can go, Hogsmead being the most popular. So Danneel found her self getting her nose powdered by Daphne early Saturday morning.

"So did Draco tell you where you were going on this date," Cass chuckles and wiggles her eyebrows.

Danneel shrugs and fiddles with her fingers, "Zara could you be a dear and pass me a cig-"

"No!" Cass screeches, "Don't hand that girl a cigarette. Not only is that a disgusting habit but if you smoke it lingers and he will smell it on you and your date will be ruined."

"Fine," Danneel huffs, "I'm just so nervous. You guys have been to Hogsmeade trillions of times. What do people usually do for dates?"

"Well you have two options, usually," Daphne states as she moves to curl Danneel's hair, "For the more traditional date with all the pink and mushy frills one would go to Madame Puddifoot's. It's a tea shop that looks straight out of those gushy romance movies you like."

"Oh," Danneel sighs and scrunches her nose.

"What?" Zara asks, "I thought you loved that type of stuff."

"No, I do," Danneel insists, "I enjoy the nice romance but a frilly Tea Shop... makes my stomach churn."

Cass chuckles, "In that case, he could take you to the Three Broomsticks. Less romantic but it's familiar and cozy. We took you their last trip remember?"

"Oh, yea. I liked it. It was nice."

"And then the rest is really up to Draco," Daphne shrugs, "But if he knows you, which he does, he'll probably take you to the book store again."

A knock on the door startles the girls and Cass stumbles up to open it revealing Daphne's sister Astoria.

"Tori, what do you want?" Daphne asks.

"Malfoy is in the common room pacing. I'd hurry up if I were you. Because the next person who so much as breaths wrong in his direction is gonna get hexed."

"Well we still have to do Danneel's eyeshadow, and nails and -"

"I'm fine," Danneel says jumping up, her newly curled hair bouncing at her shoulders.

"But-" Zara protests.

"I let you do my hair and powder my nose, more then what I would've done already so I will be going now," Danneel says matter a factly and grabs her coat.

"Use protection," Cass hollers as Danneel walks out of the dorm, flipping her off.

As Danneel walks down the stairs to the common room she can hear Draco yelling, "Could you not breathe so loudly!"

"Malfoy," Blaise says jumping between the blond and a startled first year with a stuffy nose, "He's just a first-year with a cold. Leave him alone mate."

"When is she gonna get here!?"

"Right now," Danneel speaks up at the bottom of the stairs and crosses her arms.