Chapter 53: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

So make the best of this test and don't ask why

It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right

I hope you had the time of your life

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

June 8, 2002

"Get them out of me," Danneel cries as she squeezes Draco's hand to death.

"You're doing great. I can see baby A's head, just a few more pushes," Dr. Nolan says.

Danneel screams in agony and pushes once more and Dr. Nolan delivers the first baby boy. Dr. Nolan hands the baby off to Frannie, who takes him away to get cleaned up. The other baby boy is delivered shortly after and another nurse takes him away to clean and check up on him.

"Are they okay?" Danneel sniffs.

"They beautiful," Dr. Nolan says and shrills of crying erupt, "And they are healthy. We're just going to clean em up and you can hold them."

Frannie emerges shortly after carrying two babies and hands them to Draco who walks them over to Danneel. Danneel scoots over so Draco can sit and he gives both of them to her.

"They're so beautiful," She cries.

"Yea they are," Draco marvels and kisses his wife's head, "You did amazing."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Mummy," Atticus exclaims holding onto Riley's hand as they walk down the hallway with J.D and Miller.

"Yea, we're going to see Mummy and Daddy and your new brothers," Riley smiles.

"Brovers?" Atticus says.

"Yea brothers. Remember how mummy had a big belly," Riley says.

"Big belly," He smiles.

"She was growing your brothers in there and they were ready to come out so now you have two brothers."

"I get brother?" Miller asks pointing to Riley's belly.

"Maybe," J.D says, "We don't know yet. It's a surprise."

"I like surprise," Miller giggles.

They find the room and Riley knocks softly and hears Draco say come in.

"Mummy! Daddy!" Atticus yells and runs toward the bed.

"Hey buddy," Draco smiles and picks him up with one arm, "We have to use inside voices. Your brothers are sleeping."

"Brovers?" Atticus asks excitedly.

"Yea," Danneel says and looks down at her bundle, "This is Orion Perseus, and the one Daddy has is your brother Dallas Wes."

"Pretty," Atticus says and goes to touch Dallas' face.

"No face," Draco says intercepting his chubby hand, "Be gentle," and moves Atticus' hand to the baby's stomach.

"Gentle," Atticus says and taps Dallas' stomach gently.

"Good job buddy," Danneel says.

"Good big brother!" Atticus smiles and crawls on the bed, sitting in an empty spot by Danneel's feet.

"Yea, you are," Draco says.

"Mummy I wanna see," Miller says tugging on Riley's shirt.

Riley picks up her son and walks him over to the bed, "See these are your cousins."

"Play?" Miller asks.

"Not yet," Danneel answers, "But when they get a little older then you can play."

"We wanted to ask you something," Draco asks standing up, "Want to hold him?"

"Of course," Riley smiles and sets Miller down next to Atticus, "And takes Dallas from Draco.

"We wanted you and J.D to be the babies' godparents," Danneel smiles.

"Oh of course," Riley cries happily, "Oh we're going to have so much fun," She coos to the baby.

"J.D come over here and hold your godson," Danneel says and J.D walks over with a goofy grin and picks up Orion.

"He's got your smile," J.D says, "But sadly he's got Malfoy's nose."

"I've got a good nose!" Draco protests.

"Keep telling yourself that," J.D smirks.