Chapter 40: Growing Up

They say boys don't cry

But your dad has shed a lot of tears

They say I should be a strong man

But baby, I'm still filled with fear

Sometimes I don't know who I am

Sometimes I question why I'm here

I just wanna be a good dad

Will I be? I have no idea

They say girls shouldn't be tough

And moms should raise their kids at home

But baby, I know that that isn't true

Cause your momma's the toughest person I know

I wanna raise you to be like her

And watch you show the world how to do it on your own

I'm still tryna figure out who I am

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

A/N This second part is going to have lots of babies and weddings so sorry if you get annoyed by it but we're going to be spanning several years and I want to focus on the important stuff.

May 6 1999

It had been a year since the battle and Danneel had called her friends to eat lunch with her in a little cafe in Liverpool because she had something to tell them. A lot had changed in the past year.

Narcissa, Atlas, and Kerrigan were all questioned and tried by the Monosotroe but they weren't found guilty or convicted of anything so they continued to live happily. Lucius was not so lucky as he was sentenced to life in Azkaban, not that anyone put much of a fight against it.

Riley is 5 months pregnant. Her and J.D got married shortly after the battle in a very small ceremony consisting of only Danneel, Draco, her parents, and Reagan.  She now owned a fashion store in downtown London.

Cass is pregnant as well. She was two months along and it was a bit of surprise to herself and Fred who didn't plan on it. Fred was startled at first but warmed up to the idea of a baby. Cass didn't really have a job per se but helped around the Joke Shop quite a but.

Zara got engaged to Braxton Whells two months after the battle which all of her friends were surprised by. They hadn't been dating for long but I guess when you know you just know. Zara was now working for the ministry in the communications department, and she was due to get married next month.

Daphne and Blaise gotten married a few months ago and had been traveling ever since. Neither were hurting for money so they didn't see the need for a job although Danneel suspected that Blaise would go stir crazy soon and get a job at the ministry.  But to Danneel's relief, the two newlyweds got back yesterday and Daphne was more than happy to meet up.

Out of everyone Reagan remained the most unchanged as she continued to just run and take care of her bar.

Slowly but surely Danneel's friends arrive and sit happily around the table. They order drinks and pastries as Danneel tries to find the courage to say what she needs to say.