Chapter 21:White Lair

You better be careful what you do
I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes
If they ever found you out
You better be careful what you say
It never really added up anyway
I got friends in this town

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The arrival back to Hogwarts for Danneel was met with a lot of stares. There was no hiding that she and Draco engaged even if she hid the ring because the story ran in the Daily Prophet. 

Danneel had gotten a letter that morning from Fred and George and she wrote back. She figured she needed to let some steam off. So at the usual time, Danneel snuck downstairs and meet the twins at the portrait hole. 

"So third meeting how we feeling?" George asks. 

"Pretty good." 

"I hear congratulations are in order," Fred teases and picks up her left hand, "Look at that rock!" 

"Shut up," Danneel says and pulls her hand away, "Did a little birdie talk to you lately Fred?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about," He responds blushing which only confirmed Danneel's suspicions. 

They reach the room of requirement and Danneel jumps right in too Harry's lesson. This time they were learning Patronuses. Danneel was working with the twins who were much more successful then she was. All she managed was a few white wisps while they were getting more clear images. 

Danneel felt very defeated as she walked back to the common room in the dead of night. She walked through the portrait groggily and was startled by a voice. 

"Where were you?"

"Jeez Draco," Danneel says clutching her heart, "You scared me." 

"Cass said you left and didn't know where you were." 

"Oh I couldn't sleep and reading wasn't working so I went to the kitchens for some milk." 

"Okay," Draco says and gets up and walks over to her, "Glad you're okay." 

"Peachy." 

"Good night," Draco says sleepily and kisses his girlfriend's forehead. 

"Night."