Chapter 17: Whatever It Takes

Everybody waiting for the fall of man

Everybody praying for the end of times

Everybody hoping they could be the one

I was born to run, I was born for this

Whip, whip

Run me like a racehorse

Pull me like a ripcord

                                                              Break me down and build me up

I wanna be the slip, slip

Word upon your lip, lip

Letter that you rip, rip

Break me down and build me up

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"You ready for today?" Cass asks shoveling green beans into her mouth.

"I've been ready since last month when we were supposed to have tryouts the first time" Danneel smirks.

"I can't believe Montague had to ask Umbridge to from the quidditch team. Her degrees are insane and unnecessary," Zara says rolling her eyes.

"Are you sure you want to try out?" Draco asks joining the girls and kissing Danneel on the cheek.

"Where were you?" Daphne asks her boyfriend as he sits down next to her.

"Had to help Montague set up for tryouts and he wanted to do it before lunch," Blaise explains and starts to pile his plate.

"Why wouldn't I be sure Draco?" Danneel asks, "I've been ready since last year and have been getting in shape all summer."

Draco shrugs and takes a sip of his pumpkin juice, "It's just that it's a rough sport and Slytherin hasn't had a Slytherin beater like ever. Hell, we never had a girl on the team before."

"Hey!" Cass exclaims, "I'm on the team!"

"You don't count," Blaise says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Danneel chuckles.

"Yea, what does that mean Zabini?" Cass adds arms crossed.

"Well," Blaise says gesturing with his fork, "You know Cass is just... I don't know and Danneel is like..." Blaise sighs as he's met with blank faces, "I don't know Draco can explain it better."

All four girls turn to Draco with an impatient expression.

"Go on Draco," Zara says.

"Yea," Daphne adds, "Tells us what you mean?"

Draco gulps, "Well... Cass is more ... um, how you say... tom boyish I guess and... and Dani is more girly girl and quidditch is more rough and tumble so it wouldn't seem like something Dani would associate himself with."

"Rough and tumble," Cass snorts, "that's bullshit."

"Just because Cass and I dress differently and have different interests doesn't make us more or less feminine," Danneel lectures.