Chapter 57: Human

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human, yeah

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

June 12, 20011

"Draco and I are thinking of having another baby," Danneel says to Frannie as she grabs a patient's chart from behind the desk. "I don't think I can do it."

"Have another baby?" Frannie asks.

"No," Danneel laughs, "I don't think I could come back to work after a fifth. Coming back after Scorpious was hard enough I don't think I could do it again."

"Understandable," Frannie smiles, "So have another baby take time off, come back when they're all in school."

"Not a bad idea," Danneel smiles and walks into the patient's room.

Danneel notices the patient is sleeping and moves quietly to the side of his bed and begins to do the hourly check-up and vitals. He starts to stir and Danneel says,

"I'm sorry Mr. Lacdo, I'm your nurse Danneel and I just need to take check your vitals."

He doesn't respond but grunts and tries to swat Danneel away.

"Sir it'll only take a moment," Danneel presses and tries to listen to his heart, "Just relax and-"

Danneel gasps as his hands take hold of her neck. He sits up still holding her throat as she scrambles to breathe. When that doesn't work she scrambles for her wand. Her fingers just graze it when he throws her against the wall. She tries to cry out but her throats on fire and she reaches for her wand but Mr. Lacdo steps on her hand and picks her up once more before throwing her on the other side of the room. He starts to advance once more and Danneel wordlessly casts the body binding curse before falling unconscious.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Draco Malfoy made it a point to take at least a couple days off a month, reserved to spend time with his kids, today was one of those days. He had just finished cleaning up the kid's lunch when an owl pecked at his window. He wipes his hands on a dishtowel and goes over to the window to grab it. He takes the note and feeds the owl some seed before it takes off. His heart stops in his chest as he reads it.

Draco,

Something has happened to Danneel. She was taking vitals on a patient when he became crazed and attacked her. She was hurt badly and is in surgery now. It's going to be a few hours before she's out and I'll send you another owl when she is. But you can't come until then you. You can't do anything right now so it's best you stay home. You can't go terrorizing the nurses and doctors on her case.

-Frannie Janeol

Draco's blinded by rage as he takes the freshly clean plate he just washed and chucks it at the wall. It shatters, and he takes a glass and does the same thing. He throws three more plates, 4 glasses, and releases a bowl just as the door swings open to reveal Atticus. Draco's eyes widen as he draws his wand and redirects it so it smashes into the wall a little ways away.

Atticus' eyes widen as he takes in all the shattered glass and his dad's distract look. He's never seen his dad look that way before. Hair a mess, eyes red and runny. His dad was most definitely crying. He slowly backs out of the room and Draco looks even more injured.