Chapter 56: Maybe It's Time

Maybe It's Time

Maybe it's time to let the old ways die

It takes a lot to change a manHell, it takes a lot to try

Maybe it's time to let the old ways die

Nobody knows what awaits for the dead

Nobody knows what awaits for the deadSome folks just believe in the things they've heard

And the things they read

Nobody knows what awaits for the dead

I'm glad I can't go back to where I came from

I'm glad those days are gone, gone for good

But if I could take spirits from my past and bring' 'em here

You know I would, you know I would

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

August 16, 2007

"Dani I don't want -"

"You're going to do it," Danneel insists, "You're going to be nice."

"But-"

"You're going put this to rest once in for all!"

A knock at the door interprets the couple and Danneel holds Draco's stare, "Be nice! Grab Scrop."

Danneel walks to the door and yells, "Atticus, Ryan, Dallas come here." 

She hears little feet pattering as she opens the door to see Harry Potter, and Ginny Weasley, who's holding her 8-month son Albus, and standing with Teddy who's now 9 and their other son James who is 3.

"Ginny," Danneel greets, "Harry come in."

"Hey Teddy," Atticus greets, "Want to go play pirates?"

"Sure," Teddy smiles, and the two boys runoff.

Orion is a little more hesitant to meet the new people but Dallas walks right up to James.

"I've got cars and blocks," He says, "Want to play with me and my brother."

"Yea," James smiles and the three boys waddle off.

"Where's Draco?" Ginny asks.

"Leave it to him to get out of this," Harry mutters.

"Actually Potter," Draco says emerging with Scorpios, "I was getting my son."

Harry grunts and the two wives share a look.

"Let's sit," Danneel suggests and Ginny nods as the four make their way into the living room.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"When did they say they were going to be back?" Harry asks holding his sleeping son.

"Any minute now," Draco says tapping his foot as he feeds Scorpius.

"Why couldn't we get ice cream with them?" Harry asks.

"I don't know," Draco sighs, "Something about the babies and germs."

"Well that's stupid," Harry scoffs, "We took James to a quidditch pitch when he was weeks old."

"Tell me about it," Draco laughs, "We took the twins to Dani and I's favorite restaurant when they were like 3 months old and Dallas licked the tables."

Harry laughs, "I remember that phase. Luckily Albus seems to have skipped it."

Draco nods and wears a half-smile as the two dads fall into silence. Draco was surprised at how well it was actually was going and thought maybe Danneel was right and it was time to let that petty schoolboy drama go.

"I saw that the Holyhead harpies are the team to watch this season," Draco comments.

"Yea, Ginny says the team is really clicking this year."

"Danneel and I were thinking of taking the boys to a game."

"You should. Just let us know and we can set something up."

"Thanks."

"No problem," Harry says.

"No," Draco says, "I mean Thanks for everything. Thanks for speaking on my mother, Danneel's parents, and I's before back then. And I wanted to say sorry for all the grief I caused and said to you back in Hogwarts."

Harry doesn't say anything but shifts Albus in his arms. Draco watches him apprehensive and Harry clears his throat, "I appreciate the apologise, I know how hard that must be for you. And I'm willing to look past it because it seems like our wives are quite good friends now. And I want to say sorry too, despite all the shitty things you said and did I said my fair share of shitty things and done some as well," he says referencing the incident in 6th year.

"It's good not to hold a grudge against you," Draco laughs, "It was exhausting."

Harry bellows, "It was, wasn't."

They hear the door jiggle and Ginny and Danneel enter with kids in tow. Both of their wives wearing shit-eating grins on their faces.

"Hope you boys didn't kill each other," Ginny smirks.

"Well everything seems to be in order," Danneel teases and looks around.

"You're bloody witches you know that," Draco says shaking his head and stands up. He makes his way over to his wife and hands her their baby.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Danneel responds cheekily.

"You set us up," Harry accuses as Ginny takes Albus, "You left us so we'd make up."

"It worked didn't it," Ginny smiles.