Chapter 9: Night of All Nights

It's the night of our nightmares

It's the night of our dreams It's too late to back out of it Hey, makeovers, massages Don't know what a corsage is Been waiting all our lives for this
It's gonna be a night (can't wait)To remember (oh, man)Come on now, big fun (alright)It's gonna be the night (I guess)To last forever (lucky us)We'll never ever ever forget

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"It's the day of the ball," Cass states as Riley paints her nails, "D pleeeasssseee tell us who you're going with."

"Still not telling," Danneel hums as Daphne does her hair.

"Fuck you," Cass grumbles.

Riley had graciously allowed Danneel and her friends to use her Private Head Girl bedroom with her own private bathroom. Riley also offered to do the girls' nails, which she learned how to do from her Aunt who is a manicurist.

"What do you guys think?" Zara asks stepping out of the bathroom all dressed.

The dress itself was a stunning purple off the shoulder a-line cut. It hugged Zara's curves and the gold jewelry she was wearing really completed the look. Her make up was simple and it brought out her eyes.

"It's beautiful Zari," Danneel gushes turning to look at her friend

"Look straight," Daphne demands jerking Danneel's head back into place, "But you look stunning Zara."

"Braxton is going to fall head over heels when he sees you," Cass agrees.

"I love your necklaces," Riley says.

"Thanks. I got them ages ago."

"Riley I have a question," Cass states, "Not that I don't appreciate you letting us use your room so I don't have to hear Pansy drool over my cousin and you do killer nails... why get ready with a bunch of fourth years? Wouldn't you rather had gotten ready with your friends."

"Well my best friend, Brynn had to help her sister, a fifth-year Ravenclaw, get ready. And my other friend Denise is getting ready for the ball with her cousin who goes to Beauxbaton. They're really only my close friends. Besides you guys aren't so bad." Riley teases.

"How did my cousin ask you to the ball?" Danneel questions, "It better have been romantic or he's gonna have a problem."

"Don't worry," Riley smiles, "He was really sweet and romantic. He asked me probably a week after the ball was announced. And it was one of the first nights we didn't have patrolling duties, so he decided to take me out on a date."

"Keep your head straight!" Daphne demands to tug Danneel's hair, "Sorry Riley go one."

"So J.D took me on a date."