Chapter 51: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

You know it's true

Everything I do it for you

Look into your heart

You will find

There's nothin' there to hide

Take me as I am

Take my life I would give it all I would sacrifice

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

April 24, 2002

"I can't believe you're making me go to this," Draco grumbles as Danneel straightens his tie.

"Shut up," Danneel says, "She asked me to be a bridesmaid I can't say no."

"I mean-"

"No!" Danneel exclaims, "We're going to this wedding and you're going to smile and pretend to be happy."

"Anything for you sweetheart," Draco smiles and kisses her cheek, "Who are you walking with?"

"I don't know," Danneel shrugs, "I'll know when I get there."

"Mama, I'm ready!" Atticus says and waddles in with his shoes on the wrong feet.

"Good job honey," Danneel laughs and picks her son up.

"Daddy's going to grab your coat and Mummy's going to fix your shows and then we're going to visit Nana and Papa and you're going hang out with them until Mummy and Daddy come back."

"Yea!" Atticus cheers.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I can't believe I'm here," Draco mutters to himself as he watches the bridal party walk down the aisle.

First is a girl Draco recognizes as Molly Urack from the Holyhead Harpies who walks down with Seamus Finnigan. They're followed by Danneel and Dean Thomas.

Out of all the Gryffindors Dean Thomas wasn't the worst Draco thought. Although he was surprised that Dean was invited let alone part of the party considering he and Ginny used to date.

After Dean and Danneel, there was Angelina Johnson, well Weasley now, walking down with her husband George. Then came Cass and Fred, and Luna and Neville. Finishing the party with Hermione as the maid of Honor and Ron as the best man. The ring bearers were Harry's godson Teddy Lupin and Carson. And Draco recalls that Teddy's mother was his cousin he believes and is filled with an odd feeling in his stomach, considering he'd never met her and never will. The flower girls were Victorie, Bill and Fleur's daughter, as well as Caroline.

Draco didn't really pay attention after that. He sat in the back so he couldn't even see that well. The ceremony went without a hitch and the chosen one and the Weasley girl got married and it was a real fairytale. Draco sighs and shuffles out with the rest of the quest into the hall where the wedding reception is held.

Draco walks silently to the table with name cards with his hands in his pockets and finds his. He's surprised that he's sitting in one of the tables closer to the main wedding party. He then looks at the other members at his table and notices Molly Urack's husband, Hannah Longbottom, formally Abbott, Rolf Scamander, Lovegood's boyfriend. He's at the significant others of the wedding party table.

"Just great," He mutters as he makes his way over, "Now I'm really not going to have anyone to talk too."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Hey stranger," Danneel smiles and walks over to Draco's table.

"Hi," Draco says, "And here I thought you forgot about me."

"Never," Danneel smiles, "I've danced with pretty much every person in the wedding party but I haven't danced with the one person I wanted too."

"Oh well in that case," Draco teases, "The Weasely brother with the dragons is over there."

"Haha," Danneel says, "You're so funny. Come dance with me."

"I don't dance."

"That's bullshit. We've been to how many weddings? And you've danced with me at everyone."

"Oh right," Draco hums and stands up, "Shall we?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Danneel smiles and lets Draco lead her to the dance floor.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

After several upbeat songs, a slow one finally played, and Draco pulls Danneel close.

"I got to give it to Potter and Weaselette," Draco says, "This is a nice wedding."

"It is," Danneel agrees and lays her head on his chest.

"Although ours was better."

"No, it wasn't!" Danneel laughs.

"You're right it wasn't" Draco agrees, "It may have had nicer things but-"

"This wedding has things that matter. Surrounded by family and friends you want around," Danneel finishes.

"If I could've given you a better one I would've."

"I know," Danneel smiles, "Oh."

"What?" Draco asks.

"Nothing. The twins are just messing around," Danneel laughs.

Draco smiles and crouches down until he's level with Danneel's stomach.

"Quit kicking your brother," He says sternly, "You guys are supposed to be the best of friends."

"Look at your being the bad cop," Danneel laughs as Draco stands up.

"You're too pretty to be the bad cop."

"You're too kind," Danneel chuckles and presses her lips against his.