Chapter 49: Get Over Yourself

So get over yourself
Guess what else, took down your pictures down over my shelf
And I don't care enough to hate you so I even wish you well boy

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

September 21, 2001

"You ready to go?" Draco asks wrapping his arms around his wife as she fills in a patient's chart. 

"Yea just a sec," She smiles as he kisses her neck.

"I can't wait to take you out tonight," Draco hums.

Danneel laughs and hands the chart her fellow nurse, Frannie, at the desk.

"Date night?" Frannie giggles.

"Yes," Draco smiles, "We haven't had an actual date night since Atticus was born."

"Damn girl," Frannie says, "What did you guys do for your anniversary last month?"

"We stayed in because Atticus got sick," Draco smiles.

"That's not true," Danneel says and swats her husband, "We've gone out on dates."

"Uh going to weddings don't count," Draco laughs, "and neither do when the three of us go out."

"Fine," Danneel grumbles with a smile, "We better get home before I change my mind."

"Yes, ma'am," Draco says and puts his arm around his wife as they walk out.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Draco!" Danneel exclaims once Draco uncovers her eyes, "We haven't gone to Alexander's in forever!"

"I know," Draco smiles and kisses her forehead, "I was dying for some Chicken Marsala."

Danneel moans, "That sounds so good."

"Let's go then," Draco smiles and leads his wife into the restaurant.

Draco and Danneel walk into Alexander's and the hostess takes them to a table for two by the front window. They sit and order some red wine and a glass of water, while they look over the menu to see which appetizer to order. They decide on the mozzarella sticks and each order a chicken Marcella.

While they wait for dinner, Danneel says, "Did you see Ms. Forem today she was looking well although-."

"No," Draco groans, "No work talk."

"Okay well, Atticus-"

"No, no baby talk either. I love Atticus but-"

"It kills the mood," Danneel finishes laughing.

"Yea," Draco smiles.

"Well, what do you want to talk about Mr. Romantic?" Danneel smirks.

"Well for starters," Draco smirks and reaches for her hand, "You look smoking in that dress. It really-"

"Danneel!" A voice exclaims and Draco's face hardens to a glare.

Danneel turns and breaks out into a smile, "Ginny!" She cheers and gets up and walks to embrace her friend.

"Fancy running into you," Ginny smiles.

"Same to you."

"I just got out of practice and Harry and I didn't feel like cooking," Ginny says as Harry walks over to them.

"Draco and I are on a date," Danneel laughs, "The first one since the baby actually."

"Good for you."