Chapter 29: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

If you're havin' trouble with the high school head

He's givin' you the blues

You want to graduate but not in 'is bed

Here's what you gotta do

Pick up the phone

I'm always home

Call me any timeJust ring 36 24 36 hey

I lead a life of crime

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The two weeks following Draco's reproposal were the best two weeks of Danneel's life. Draco was finally looking better, the bags under his eyes gone and he seemed more himself then he had been all year. He was stuck to Danneel's side like glue, not that Danneel was complaining. She was just happy to have her dragon back.

But sixth-year was still trudging forward and their studies seemed to stress all of Danneel and her friends out. So when the weekend finally arrived and a Hogsmead weekend none the less they were more than happy to get a chance to just relax. The only problem was Danneel was left with nobody to go with.

Daphne and Blaise had paired off to go on a date as did Zara with Braxton. Draco was stuck in detention for abusing his prefect privileges on a group of Ravenclaw first years and Cass was MIA. So instead of enjoying what would probably be the last fair-weathered Hogsmead trip in a while, she was heading down the library to read.

"Danneel!"

She turns to see her blonde-haired friend running at her from down the hall, "You're going to Hogsmead with me."

"Why?"

"Because Fred is going to be there. He and George are looking at a potential store down there to expand their business and he wants to have a drink. And I want to see my boyfriend, and I need you there to distract George because Fred still hasn't told him."

"He still hasn't told George?"

"No, and before you start asking. I don't know why," Cass shrugs, "I think he should but he's scared. I would be too. I am, it's not like I have told people about us either."

"Okay," Danneel says noticing her friend's discomfort, "I'll go with you." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I haven't seen him this happy in a long time," George says as the two of them walk the streets of Hogsmead, "Every time he gets those letters he smiles and does this little wiggle dance thing when he thinks I'm not looking."

"But he didn't tell you?" Danneel says in shock.

"No..." George drags out, "But he knows I know."

"So he knows that you know?"

"Yea," George smiles and kicks a rock down the path, "He'll tell me officially when he's ready. But I know."

"And you're not upset or freaked out?"

"No. Because he's my brother and I love him and I want him happy. So what if Cass wears green. I learned a while ago that what house your in means nothing."

"Oh yea," Danneel laughs, "Wonder who taught you that?"

"I can't seem to remember," George laughs, "And Cass is a nice girl. She's pretty and funny and knows how to take a joke and prank. I couldn't have picked a better match for him honestly."

"Me too. I couldn't have picked a better match for her either."

A scream pierces throw the wind as George and Danneel lookup down the road to see a cluster of students gathering together and one student being thrashed around in the air screaming. The two run-up to the group who Danneel notices is the golden trio and a girl she doesn't recognize.

"What's going on?" Danneel asks.

"Katie touched the necklace," The girl cries and gestures to the package askew by her feet.

"It's a cursed necklace," Harry buts in, "I saw it this summer in Borgin and Burkes shop. Malfoy's the one that gave it to her."

"Hey," Danneel protests, "That's a serious accusation! He wasn't even at Hogsmeade!"

"Katie got it from the bathroom," The girl sniffs.

"I'm telling you," Harry insists, "It's Malfoy."

"You're wrong Potter," Danneel spats and lets George tug her away.

"Come on Rosie," George whispers, "The teachers will take care of it. They're coming right now. I'm sure Malfoy isn't to blame."

Danneel just nods as George continues to guide her away.