Chapter 43: We are Family

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

November 25, 1999

"Look at my grandson. Miller Anthony Avery" Reagen coos from the living room, as she holds up J.D and Riley's son.

"I can't believe you named it after the beer," Danneel laughs while she cooks

Riley sits at the island and takes a sip of her wine, "J.D suggested it considering he's named after the whiskey. I thought it was funny. And I just wanted my father's name as the middle so it all works out."

"Hun do you need any help?" Kerrigan calls from the living room.

"No mum I got it," She shouts back, and glares at Riley, "You're so lucky you're allowed to drink again."

Riley just laughs and Danneel sighs looking at Cass, who's also at the island.

"Cass those green beans are for dinner!"

"Sorry," She says with her mouth full, "I'm eating for three now. When the babies want they get."

Danneel chuckles and Cass continues to eat. She's 8 months now and looks like she's gonna pop any seconds. Fred and she found out two months ago they were expecting twins and couldn't have been more thrilled. Danneel was 7 months along now and she found it hard to do some of the things she was used to.

"What are we doing again?" Cass asks.

Danneel shrugs, "Back in Ilvermorny we'd get three days off to celebrate Thanksgiving. Since I couldn't go home I always went with Emmy. You just make a lot of food and spend time with family so I thought since it was around that time in America I could have my own Thanksgiving that doubles as a house warming party." 

"Well I think it's a great idea," Riley says stealing one of Cass' green beans.

"Fred get out!" Danneel says as Fred's steps in.

"What!?" He cries.

"I know you want my chocolate chip cookies," She warns with a spoon.

"Nooooo."

"Get out! Dinner is almost done."

"Why does Cass get to have one," He laughs and Danneel sees Cass now munching on a cookie.

"Hey, when you carry to babies that are playing football on your bladder come tell me," Cass shouts, "Until then no cookies before dinner."

"You heard her," Danneel smirks.

Defeated Fred leaves and Danneel can hear him yell, "Sorry Draco they won't let us in."

"Damn. I'm starving."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Thank you all for being so patient with the food," Danneel says as she stands at the head of their dining room table.

Draco was to her immediate left with Narcissa, Cass, Fred, and Riley sitting on that side as well. To her immediate left was Atlas, Kerrigan, Reagen, and J.D with a bassinet holding Miller at the other end.

"Danneel and I want to officially welcome you to our new house," Draco adds, standing as well and wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Enjoy!" Danneel smiles and they both sit down.

"Finally," J.D says reaching for the mashed potatoes, "I've wanted to eat these since you started making them."

"This is delicious," Riley adds as she shovels turkey in her mouth.

"Riley could you pass me the yams," Fred says and then hears a clinking and looks down, "Cass what are you doing hun?"

"Sorry these green beans are just sooo good," She exclaims as she continues to steal her fiance's green beans.

"Maybe this thankyousgiving is not so bad," Atlas nods in approval.

"It's Thanksgiving dear," Kerrigan says as she dabs her mouth.

"Well, I like it."

"I can't wait to have some of that Apple pie later," Narcissa adds, "It smells delicious."

"You are amazing," Draco says and kisses his wife's cheek.

"Thank you, oop," Danneel exclaims grabbing her belly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing just the baby likes it. They're doing backflips," Danneel laughs.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

It was long after dinner and dessert had been served and ate as everyone lounged by the fire in the living room. J.D, Riley, and Miller left a little bit ago. Being new parents has sure tired them out.

Cass was dozing off with her head on Fred's shoulder. While he was talking about business and politics with Atticus. Narcissa and Kerrigan were talking in hushed voices and looking at Draco and Danneel who were snuggled up on the couch. Danneel had no doubt they were talking about the baby.

Draco kisses Danneel's head and smoothes out her head, "This was amazing."

"Thanks," Danneel says sleepily.

"I never did anything like this as a kid," Draco persists, "I never had the big family dinner that was lively and had homemade food. Today was great and I'm happy our son or daughter is going to have more dinners like that one."

"Me too," Danneel smiles, "Maybe next time I can help you cook and we can do it together!"

"Whoa," Draco laughs, "If that happens we're going to need backups because I can't cook."