Chapter 15: One Of Us

One of us is crying 

One of us is lying

In her lonely bed

Staring at the ceiling

Wishing she was somewhere else instead

One of us is lonely

One of us is waiting  for a call

Sorry for herself, feeling stupid feeling small

Wishing she had never left at all

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The first day of classes was always Danneel's favorite part of school. New faces, new classes, and a sense that she's older and more mature. Draco had tried to talk to Danneel all morning but she would just answer in one-word quips and her friends made a personal barrier around her. Of course, Blaise was just as pissed at Draco as the rest of them as Daphne had informed him on the walk to the common room after the welcome feast.

Her first class of the day was with Professor Umbridge and they all had this class together. The desk are lined up two by two and Cass and Danneel grabbed a pair in the middle. Zara and Daphne sat in front of them and much to Blaise dismay Draco sat next to him so Blaise made sure they sat far away from the girls.

The rest of the class filtered in and Cass sighed when she noticed the red robes and knew they would be with the Gryffindors. Everyone was happily talking and someone even charmed a paper crane to fly around. The happy mood was ruined when the paper bird caught on fire and everyone turned around to see her royal pinkness.

"Now it seems in the past your teaching for Defense Against the Dark Arts it has been uneven. So the ministry has provided Hogwarts with a risk-free way of learning, with these ministry approved textbooks." She says and with a flick of her wand passes out the books.

Danneel scrunches her nose at the childish cover and begins to flip through, surprised at how simple the material was.

"There's nothing about performing defensive spells," Danneel mutters to Cass.

"Looks like this class just turned into a study hall," Cass yawns.

"Hem hem," Professor Umbridge coughs, "Student's will raise their hands when speaking in this class," She turns to Danneel and smiles, "You are Atlas' Rosier's girl aren't you?"

"Yes ma'am," Danneel replies mockingly, "I'm Danneel Rosier and I was just wondering why there are no defensive spells."

Umbridge scoffs, "I can't imagine why you would need to use those dangerous spells in the first place. In fact, you won't be needing your wands at all in this class."

Gasps echo throughout the room and Professor Umbridge clears her throat again, "For it to be a completely risk-free way we will practice theory, so all students will get a well-rounded education."

"How is that risk-free what if we're attacked?" A bushy-haired Gryffindor asks, whom Danneel recalls in Hermione Granger whom she had potions with last year.

"Again students should raise their hands to speak," Umbridge reminds, "Besides who would want to attack children?"

"I don't know maybe Voldemort." A black-haired boy with glasses jumps in, only a fool wouldn't know it was Harry Potter.

This was the first time Danneel actually had a class with the legendary chosen one and granted she never had a conversation with him she could tell he was stubborn and slightly oblivious to common sense.

"That's nonsense he hasn't come back. He's dead, gone. Never to return," the pink nightmare huffs.

"Oh so Cedric Diggory just died of his own accord," Harry replies smartly.

"He did not just go there," Cass says under her breath.

"Mr. Diggory's death was a tragic accident." Umbridge declares.

"And she just went there," Danneel laughs quietly.

"Mr. Potter You-Know-Who isn't back, and would do well to remember to raise your hand before speaking!"

"He is I fought him!" Harry yells.

"Detention!" She refutes.

That finally shuts Harry up and the class is suspended in an air of tension. Professor Umbridge straights her sweater before saying, "Now class turn to page 224 and read until page 266."

Cass and Danneel share a look before opening their textbooks.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

At the end of class, Cass rushes out promising Danneel she'll catch up with him later. Danneel doesn't know where Cass is off too but falls into place with Zara and Daphne.

"Draco we're going to be late. Can't you do this later-," Blaise calls from behind the group of three girls.

"Dani I need to talk to you," Draco says knocking into Zara who sends him a dirty look.

"What do you want Draco?" Danneel asks bored, "I need to get to Divination and it's on the other side of the castle."

"What is up with you?" He asks.

"Nothing," Danneel insists, "It's just O.W.L.S are this year and I need to be very focused on my studies."

"Okay," Draco says, "I think that's only part of the reason why and I intend to find out the rest of it."

"Good luck with that because I'm fine," Danneel snaps and stalks away leaving Draco dumbfounded.

"Let's go," Blaise groans and pulls his friend away, "We've got History of Magic you can wallow there."