Chapter 24: Changes

Still don't know what I was waitin' for

And my time was runnin' wild

A million dead end streets and

Every time I thought I'd got it made

It seemed the taste was not so sweet

So I turned myself to face me

But I've never caught a glimpse

How the others must see the faker

I'm much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Turn and face the strange

Ch-ch-changes

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Cass wakes up," Danneel says pulling the covers off her best friend.

"No," Cass groans and rolls over, "We took our last O.W.L.S the other day and we won't leave for home until Monday, so wake me then."

"I know you're sad your boyfriend left with a bang but now is not the time to be mopey!"

"Shut up," Cass says sitting up and hits Danneel with a pillow, "They'll hear you!"

"I didn't say his name"

"You may as well have," She grumbles and rubs her eyes, "Why are you dressed like you're going shopping with my Aunt?"

"Because we are leaving early. You, Draco, and I have to meet in Dumbledore's office at noon and he's going to escort us to the train which will take us to King's cross where Narcissa will pick us up. You have to hurry through it's 10 right now!"

"Why?"

Danneel sighs and tosses her the Daily prophet that has Lucius mug shot plastered on the front, "Potter and his crew were at the Ministry last night and there was a huge fight with Deatheaters. Lucius was caught and got sent to Azkaban. Professor Snape said you and Draco are supposed to go home today to comfort Narcissa. I'm to accompany you because I'm Draco's fiancee and my parents are coming to pick us up as well."

"Damn," Cass says and gets up, "Can you find my dark green skirt and that blacktop that goes with it and put it on my bed while I shower?"

"Yep," Danneel says and heads over to her friend's trunk, "You've got most of your stuff packed right?"

"Yea," Cass responds heading into the bathroom, "I'll pack the rest when I get out. Oh and Danneel?" 

"Yea?" 

"The headline is: You Know Who Is Back." 

"Yea it is." 

"So Potter wasn't crazy after all." 

"It would seem so." 

"Well, shit," Cass groans, "We're in for a hot mess." 

"Yes, we are." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The train ride home was quiet. Danneel and Cass both tired to stir a conversation from a sulking Draco but had no success. Halfway through their journey Draco got up and left the compartment and Danneel wanted to go after him but Cass advised against it saying he needed space.

When the train pulled into the station they were meet with a hoard of reporters and flashing lights as the Rosiers and Narcissa stood as still as statues trying not to acknowledge them.

Cass and Danneel emerge from their compartment together and notice Draco get out of his own a few compartments down. Draco walks down to stand in between the two girls as they step out together. As soon as their feet hit the pavement the reporters surge forward but Atlas flicks his wrist and they stumble back, a force field surrounding the two families.

Kerrigan pulls out her wand and their luggage comes floating out, hanging in the air ready to follow them home. Danneel interlocks her fingers with Draco's and gives him a comforting squeeze before making their way towards their parents.

"Draco! Cass!" Narcissa cries and walks toward them embracing them in a hug.

"Hello Mother," Draco says dropping Danneel's hand to return his mother's hug.

"Hey, Aunt Cissy."

"Hello, Darling," Danneel's mother coos and embraces her own daughter.

"Mum."

Danneel's father looks around with a hard glare before saying, "We can continue the pleasantries at our manor."

"Atlas is right," Narcissa says taking hold of her son's arm, "Let's go."

Danneel grabs her mother's hand and Cass grabs onto her Aunts before they apparate away. Atlas follows suit shortly after with the children's luggage.

"Keri and Atlas have graciously allowed us to stay with them for the time being," Narcissa says to Cass and Draco.

"Thank you," Draco says thickly and holds out his hand, surprising Atlas who shakes his hand."

"Danneel darling," Kerrigan says, "Show Draco and Cass to their rooms would you?"

"Of course," Danneel nods and takes them upstairs.

"Cass you can have the room next to mine," Danneel says.

"Thanks, D."

Danneel turns to Draco who's staring dully at the ground, "Draco you can have your usual room across the hall."

He just nods and shuffles into it. Cass and Danneel shared a worried look.

"This is going to change him," Danneel sighs, "Everything is different now."

"Yeah, it is."