Chapter 20: Young And Beautiful

I've seen the world, done it all

Had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant, in Bel-Air now

Hot summer nights, mid July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I've got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Ever since the quidditch match, Danneel did her best to keep her mind occupied from spending long hours studying and late quidditch practices. All the stress and chaos almost made Danneel forget that she's getting engaged in 3 days. But rather then dwell on that Danneel busies herself with packing.

"You need to stop," Cass says leaning on the door frame.

"I need to back we leave tomorrow morning."

"You've backed everything you need. It's time to face the noise," Cass sighs, "Come down with us. We're playing a game of exploding snaps."

"Maybe later," Danneel says, "I just need to mail a letter."

Cass huffs, "Mail it then. And I'm going to come back in an hour because you will spend time with us."

"Wouldn't expect anything less," Danneel chuckles and Cass heads back downstairs.

Danneel shuts her trunk and grabs a spare envelope from her bedside table and heads downstairs.

"Hey look who decided to join us!" Blaise shouts causing her friends to turn their heads.

"Sorry to disappoint Blaise but I'm mailing a letter," Danneel lines and quickly shows the back of the envelope, "But when I get back I plan to crush you at exploding snap." 

"You're on!"

Danneel gives a weak smile and then walks out. She tucks the envelope in the back pocket of her jeans and heads for the Astronomy tower so she can clear her head.

She lets out a deep breath once the cool air hits her lungs as she reaches the top of the tower. She goes over to the portrait of the solar system and moves it away to reveal a hidden nook behind it. In the nook are spare pillows and blankets Draco and she had stashed a while ago, so she took them out and set them up on the ground. Her head just touches the pillow when she hears footsteps and turns like a deer in headlights.

"I'd knew I'd find you here."

"And why's that?" Danneel sighs relieved.

"Because you don't mail letters on Fridays, and before you say "it could have been an emergency" you would've sent the letter at breakfast instead of now. And I also saw that the envelope was blank," Draco chuckles and sits down next to Danneel.