Chapter 33: We are the Champions

I've paid my duesTime after timeI've done my sentenceBut committed no crimeAnd bad mistakesI've made a fewI've had my share of sand kicked in my faceBut I've come through
We are the champions, my friendsAnd we'll keep on fighting 'til the endWe are the champions

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Cass you've got to eat," Daphne insists pushing a plate towards her friend.

"I can't," Cass says, "I'm down a seeker and this is the quidditch house cup, and of course we're playing against bloody st. Potter."

"Who knew the little 3rd-year beater for Hufflepuff could break Johnson's nose," Zara chuckles.

"No you're not," Danneel says suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Blaise asks.

"When's the game?" Danneel asks.

"Noon, the latest you can get to the pitch to get ready is 11:45."

"Give me till 11:30!" Danneel promises, "I'll get you a seeker."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Please," Danneel begs.

"No Dani,"  Draco says flipping through an old tattered book in the library.

"It's one game Dragon."

"No," Draco repeats, "I'm busy working on you know what."

"Take a break. It's only an hour."

"Dani-"

"No," Danneel shouts, "You don't get to say no to this. You owe me."

"Seriously? You want to pull that card."

"Yea I do. The team needs you. I need you. You're the best hope for winning."

Draco sighs and shuts his book, "Fine. I'll do it."

"Yes," Danneel says and kissing him on the cheek, "Okay we've got to go we're cutting it close."

Draco smiles as he lets Danneel drag him to the pitch, "Put you're not allowed to use that card for a whole three months."

"Deal!"

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Come on Draco," Danneel mutters as she swings her bat directing the bludge to Ron so that Cass can score another goal.

The score was 40 - 30 Slytherin and Draco and Harry had been neck and neck for the snitch for an hour and a half. They were in pursuit now and Draco had the slight upper edge. Time hung in the air as Draco stretched out his hand. Danneel sees a bludger coming at Cass and hits it clipping Harry's tail causing him to spin out, this gave Draco the time he needed as his fingers curled around the golden ball.

"Draco Malfoy has caught the snitch! Slytherin has won the cup!"

Danneel touches down immediately and breaks out into a sprint as the rest of her house burst into cheers. Danneel launches herself at Draco once he touches down and he catches her with ease as she wraps her legs around him.

"You did it," Danneel laughs.

"We did it," Draco smiles and spins Danneel, "You guys did all the work. I just showed up."

"You still caught the snitch," Danneel replies and kisses Draco dead smack on.

"Break it up," Cass calls as she marches over, "We've got a trophy to accept."