Chapter 3: Be Our Guests

Yes, indeed, we aim to please
While the candlelight's still glowing
Let us help you
We'll keep going
Course by course
One by one
'Til you shout, enough, I'm done
Then we'll sing you off to sleep as you digest
Tonight you'll prop your feet up
But for now, let's eat up
Be our guest

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The morning of October first, marked a whole month since Danneel first arrived at Hogwarts. Although it was hard to navigate her way to class she eventually got the hang of it and enjoyed every minute she spent at the school. Danneel's homesick for Ilvermory quickly vanished as Emmy kept sending her letters every week so full of detail it felt as if she was there with her.

As Danneel entered the Great Hall for breakfast she spotted Draco sitting alone at their house table. Despite them having a very close friendship the two had not had the chance to properly talk or hang out with one another. He was only in two of Danneel's classes and when he wasn't in class he was with Pansy, who made it her mission to distance Draco from his friend group, Danneel specifically, at all times.

This early however there was no Pansy to pull Draco away, so Daneel made her way over. About halfway Draco looked up and made eye contact with her, flashing her a smile. At that moment however Danneel felt herself being pulled to the Hufflepuff table by none other than J.D and shoved into an empty spot between J.D himself, and his girlfriend Riley Jenkins.

"Hey, Danneel!" Riley greets eating a forkful of eggs.

"Hello Riley," Danneel smiles and then turns to her cousin, "Why the hell am I here Jack?"

"Don't call me Jack," J.D whines, "And I brought you-"

"Dragged me," Danneel interrupts.

"Fine dragged you over here to convince Ri not to do it."

"I'm not a mind reader. What do I need to convince Riley not to do?" Danneel sighs as she notices the rest of her friends filing in.

Draco catches her eye and tilts his head. Danneel shakes her head and Draco nods before returning to the rest of their friends.

"J.D's upset because I want to enter my name into the tournament," Riley explains.

"Oh, that's right!" Danneel exclaims, "Your birthday was in August. Happy Belated Birthday!"

"Thank you! You know they say when you're the legal age you-"

"No!" J.D exclaims, "This is not why I dragged you over her Dani Day! Now is not the time to reminisce about birthdays. Riley, you can't enter. It's too dangerous!"

"Don't you think I don't know that!" Riley argues.

"Please don't do this. I know you're strong and a badass but people die in this tournament!" J.D says reaching across Danneel to grab Riley's hand.

Riley sighs, "I get that you worried-"

"Riley just listen-"

"No," Danneel states, "You let the lady speak, Jack Daniels Avery!"

"Thank you," Riley smiles, "J.D I know you're scared something awful will happen to me but the chances of me getting picked are slim, they're hundreds of Hogwarts students entering and they'll be even more tonight with the other two schools arriving. I just want to give Hufflepuff a chance to be recognized as something more... more positive. I'm sick and tired of everyone treating Hufflepuff as the lesser house. For once I want people to view this has as something besides the stoner house, the kids that sneak into the kitchen, the lazy people, the house of misfits that didn't belong in the other 3 houses so they just get dumped in Hufflepuff. For once I just want Hufflepuff to be recognized as dedicated, hardworking, and loyal. To be seen as valued and important and not some loser house. And imagine the surprise from everybody if a Hufflepuff was chosen to be the Hogwarts Champion."