Chapter 4: I Could Use A Love Song

I could use a love song

That takes me back, just like that

When it comes on

To a time when I wouldn't roll my eyes

At a guy and a girl

Who make it work in a world

That for me so far just seems to go so wrong

Yeah I could use, I could use a love song

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Since it's Danneel's first trip to Hogsmeade, she should decide where we go first," Zara suggests as the group makes their way towards the village.

"Okay..." Danneel responds, "What's there to choose from?"

"Well, there's the Three Broomsticks, Zonko's joke shop, the quill shop..." Cass suggests.

"OOO and Honeydukes and Noble's book shop," Daphne adds.

Cass groans, "Why'd you got to tell her about the book shop. Now we're going to have to go there."

Daphne shrugs, "I thought we were just naming places we could go. She would've found it one way or another."

"I want to go to Noble's book shop. Danneel decides. "Do you know if there's a muggle selection?"

"Yes. I believe so, although the section is limited. They usually only have the older muggle classics like The Pride and Prejudice, or Little Women." Zara explains.

"That sounds nice. I've been meaning to get The Great Gatsby. It's an old enough story maybe they'll have it." She wonders aloud.

"Don't you already have that book?" Cass huffs.

"No, I don't. I just read my dad's copy, but I don't have one of my own. The book is his favorite and I know he gets tired of me asking him for it." Danneel explains.

"Well, I don't understand how you like that god awful book." Cass scoffs,  "Full of god awful people, especially that Tom Buchanan."

"I knew a Tom Buchanan," Danneel says absentmindedly, "Back in America. He was the sweetest guy. He was so tall but really lanky. Shy but had a great sense of humor, nothing like Tom in the book."

"Sounds like you and Tom were close?" Zara says quirking an eyebrow.

"Eh," Danneel shrugs, "Not really. Let's got to that book shop, shall we?"

"Fine." Cass groans, "But someone owes me a butterbeer."

"Alright Cassie," Daphne says wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "We'll get you a butterbeer, just as soon as Danneel's done book shopping."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

After leaving Noble's, they stopped briefly into Zonko's and then in the quill shop before the girls made their way to the Three Broomsticks for a drink and a bite to eat.

They got a table near the window but away from the door, so they wouldn't get hit by the cold. Daphne bought all of them butterbeer and Danneel bought them a side of fish and chips to share.