Chapter 26: Strangers

The rest of the summer was delightful for Cass and Danneel who spent the rest of the summer hanging out with J.D and Riley. Cass' fascination with cars only grew and would frequently help Reagan on repairs. But as happy as the two were they were more than ready to head back to school.

Cass and Danneel were sent off by J.D and Riley. Reagan wanted to come but there was an emergency at the bar. Danneel had just finished saying goodbye to J.D when a glimpse of platinum hair broke her vision.

"I've got to go," Danneel cries and pushes her way through the crowd and laches onto Draco causing him to stumble back.

"Whoa," He replies deeply as he gathers his barrings.

"I missed you so much," She whispers into his neck, "My chest had been aching and you rarely wrote."

"I know," Draco sighs and wraps his arms around her, "I'm sorry the summer has been busy. And I missed you too."

Draco pulls away first and Danneel's eyes grow wide with how much he's changed all of his baby fat has fallen from his face giving him a sharp jawline, and his face is more mature. He's taller and more built and his voice deeper. She notices bags under his eyes but decides not to comment.

"Let's go on the train yet?" Draco suggests.

"Sure," Danneel says grabbing Danneel's arm as they board the train.

They make their way towards their usual compartment to find their friends already sitting and conversing.

"It's the love birds," Zara teases.

Draco drops Danneel's arm and moves to sit next to the open seat next to Blaise. Danneel's heart drops as she takes the seat diagonal from her boyfriend with an empty seat next to her.

"So summer?" Cass asks trying to break the tension, "What were you all up too."

And so began the round of foreign travels and tales for the remainder of the ride. Draco uttered nothing except that he no longer wanted to attend Hogwarts, "the pathetic excuse for a school."

There was a thud about Danneel and she saw she saw Daphne's carry on move but nothing was up there so she figured her mind was playing tricks on her.

The distance between Danneel and Draco was killing her so she should up and leave. Her just was aching and she just wanted to lay down luckily she was able to find an empty compartment. She curled up into a ball on one of the seats and let out a heavy sigh as she tried to close her eyes. They fly open however when she hears the door slid open and someone steps in and closes it.

"Come here," the voices says as they sit on the seat across from her.

Danneel smiles as she gets up and cuddles herself into his arms, and breathes in his minty scent.

Draco kisses her forehead and pulls her close, "I really did miss you. And I wanted to write more believe me but my mother was worried that the ministry was checking the mail and that someone could find you and hurt you."

"It's okay."

"It's not. This summer was unbearable without you," Draco sighs and kisses her again.

"Yea it was," Danneel agrees and hugs him tighter, "Although I think Cass wants a car now?"

"Why?" Draco groans.

"My Aunt picked us up in Dolly that day and since then Cass has been enthralled. My aunt even let her help work on Dolly. She never lets anyone do that. She wouldn't let J.D drive Dolly until last year. Aunt Reagan says Cass has a natural gift for cars."

"Just great," He mutters, "Now both of my girls are involved in a death trap on wheels."

"They are safe," Danneel insists.

"Nowhere's safe," Draco mutters darkly, "Especially if I'm not there to protect you."

Danneel was going to argue but decided against it when she remembers the bags under his eyes and instead she just utters, "Yeah."

"We should get back to the compartment," Danneel says.

"We will but right now I just want to hold you," Draco responds.

"Okay," She smiles and moves so she can kiss Draco, "I love you."

"I love you too."