Chapter 46: Mr. Mom

Well,
Pampers melt in a Maytag dryer,
Crayons go up one drawer higher,
Rewind Barney for the fiftheenth time,
Breakfast 6, naps at 9,
There bubblegum in the baby's hair,
Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair,
Been crazy all day long,
And it's only Monday-
Mr. Mom!

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

July 19, 2000

"Are you sure you guys will be okay?" Danneel says.

In her living room sat Draco, Fred, J.D, Blaise, and Charlie all holding their respective children. Miller was the oldest of the second generation babies at a whole whopping 9 months now, being happily fed by his dad. Fred was bouncing both twins, now 7 months old, on his lap. Atticus was sucking on Draco's finger, the 6 months old favorite thing to do. When Daphne and Blaise came to visit Danneel at Atticus in the hospital back in January she went into labor right there and had Acelynn a few hours later. She was dozing on her father's chest. Charlie and Emmy moved to London a month ago. Charlie was changing their four-month-old daughter Roxanne.

It was Draco's idea that Danneel and all the mom's go out for a night to show Emmy the town and relax. Danneel and the rest of the girls were a little hesitant to leave but all the dad's reassured them they'd be fine. The nail in the coffin for the ladies to leave was Blaise saying, "How hard can a couple of babies be for a few hours."

"Have fun," Cass smirks.

Riley adds, "Remember bottles in the fridge you have to heat it up at-"

"98.6," J.D finishes, "I know. I've been doing this for 9 months."

"Okay," Riley smirks.

"We've got to go so Zara doesn't think we forgot her," Daphne says.

"Right," Danneel says and all the mom's go-to kiss their babies and husbands.

"Don't burn my house down!" Danneel calls over her shoulder as they leave. 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I haven't had alcohol in so long," Daphne says taking a shot and cringes, "Still tastes awful though."

"I don't envy you," Zara laughs sipping her wine.

"You and Braxton really don't want kids?" Riley asks nursing a gin and tonic.

Zara shrugs, "Not right now. We both are just wanting to enjoy married life for a little while, without the crying and spit-up."

"Zari is the smartest out of all of us," Cass laughs as she sips her whiskey.

"No more baby talk," Danneel declares, "We're here to show Emmy a good time."

"Thank you for including me," Emmy pipes up.

"Of course," Riley smiles, "Any friend of D's is a friend of ours." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Blaise get Ace to stop crying or she's going to wake-" Draco's words die in his throat as Attics starts to wail, followed by the twins, and Miller.

"I hate you Zabini," Fred groans as he goes into the spare room to go soothe his children.

"Well now everyone gets to suffer with us," Charlie coos to his daughter who's not crying but refuses to go to sleep. But if Charlie tries to put her down she will cry.

"I don't know what to do!" Blaise exclaims bouncing his daughter, "I've fed her, changed her. I don't know why she's crying!"

"Dude you better get Miller," Fred says re-emerging with a baby in each arm, "He's got shit all over himself."

"Not again," J.D groans and goes to get his son.

"Atticus has peanut butter in his hair!" Draco exclaims emerging from the nursery, "How did that even happen?"

The sound of running water can be heard as J.D begins to fill the tub and Draco scrambles to get the peanut butter out to no avail.

"Avery," Draco calls holding Atticus, "Make room. Atticus needs a bath as well."

"So does Carson," Fred calls, "Caroline just spit upon him.

"There's pee running down my arm!" Blaise cries.

"Just put them all in the bath!" Draco yells back, "Baby bathtime!"

"Even you don't have a tub big enough for 6 babies," Fred scoffs.

"You're right!" Draco yells, "Just split boys and girls."

"Can't do that," Fred shouts.

"Right," Draco sighs, "Blaise and Rook go into the bathroom with J.D. Weasley follow me," Draco says and leads him to another bathroom.

"When are the girls going to be back?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah," Blaise chimes in, "It's been like six hours."

"Dude it's been two," Draco exclaims. 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"This was nice," Danneel smiles as they stand in front of her door.

"We should do this more often," Cass adds.

"Hopefully the house isn't wrecked," Riley smirks.

"And all the babies have all their fingers and toes," Daphne adds.

After they had drinks, the showed Emmy a little bit of London and grabbed a late dinner. But as much fun as the night out was they all were itching to see and hold their babies.

Danneel unlocks the door and they all walk in.

"Quite is a good sign," Emmy offers.

"Or an awful one," Cass says walking forward.

The group of moms walk more into the house but don't come into contact with life until they hit the living room.

"Well at least we know they aren't dead," Cass smirks.

All the dads are sprawled out on the couch, floor, and recliner with all freshly washed babies asleep on their chests and/or arms. All of them walk over to their husbands and pick up their babies and settles them in their arms.

"I think we should have portable cribs in one of the guest rooms," Danneel offers, "I'm just going to set him down and then I can help you."

"Are you sure you don't min all of us crashing?" Daphne asks.

"Not at all besides I know how cranky all of them are when they get woken up," Danneel smirks and leaves.

"Follow me," Cass says, "I know where the guest room is."

After all the babies are settled, Danneel gives a t-shirt and shorts to all of her friends before everyone finds somewhere to sleep. Riley takes the queen bed in another spare room and Daphne and Emmy share a room with two twin beds. Cass and Danneel take the master bed. 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Draco wakes up in the middle of the night and blinks a few times before he realizes there's nothing on his chest. He sits upright and looks around to see none of the babies. He quickly stands up and hopes over Blaise who's on the floor to the nursery to see Atticus sleeping soundly in his crib. He lets out a sigh of relief and goes to the guest room to see the rest of the babies sleeping peacefully as well. He trudges to his room only to see his bed is already occupied. He lets out a small chuckle when he sees Cass in his spot. He kisses Danneel's head before walking back to his spot on the couch.